[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
For those that are having issues with market not showing up after flashing Gapps, can you do a quick test?

Please post results as:
1) Custom Gapps - "works" or "does not work"
2) Gapps - "works" or "does not work"
3) Newest Gapps - "works" or "does not work"
Then any comments...

Thanks for testing,
Bob

Custom Gapps - Works
Gapps - Works
Newest Gapps - works

Steps I took to get Gapps working:

1) Reboot into recovery
2) Wipe cache / delvik
3) Flash ROM
4) Reboot
5) Reboot into recovery
6) Flash Newest Gapps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
7) Reboot

Not sure why I had to do it that way, but it worked.

Reactions: BobZhome

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Ya, I always boot after flashing ROM. I change all my setting to my liking, then boot into recovery again to flash Gapps. It may be why I don't have that problem...hopefully this will help the others
Thanks for testing,
Bob

bkwright87

May 1, 2011
Visit site
For those that are having issues with market not showing up after flashing Gapps, can you do a quick test?

Test 1:
1) Backup your current ROM
2) Wipe/format everything EXCEPT SDcard
3) Flash ROM
4) Flash my custom Gapps: gapps-gb-20110613-BobZ.zip
5) Reboot
See if market shows up...

Test 2:
1) Reboot into recovery
3) Flash ROM
4) Flash Gapps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip
5) Reboot

Test 3:
1) Reboot into recovery
3) Flash ROM
4) Flash Newest Gapps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
5) Reboot

Please post results as:
1) Custom Gapps - "works" or "does not work"
2) Gapps - "works" or "does not work"
3) Newest Gapps - "works" or "does not work"
Then any comments...

Thanks for testing,
Bob

In my tests of all three gapps,zip flashing them after installing the ROM moves all of the apks into the /system/apps folder, but does not install them.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The question/test was not answered...was market installed correctly with any of the Gapps?
Did you try Spiral_ouT fix:
Code:
Steps I took to get Gapps working:

1) Reboot into recovery
2) Wipe cache / delvik
3) Flash ROM
4) Reboot
5) Reboot into recovery
6) Flash Newest Gapps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
7) Reboot

Not sure why I had to do it that way, but it worked.
to see if it worked for you?

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have updated my build in the Wiki with 09242011. Synced two recent merges in the CM framework/base repo adding missing functions in the 2D accelerated rendering libraries. I wanted to test if OV had any benefit from these merges. So, if you try please post here if you see any improvement on the screen animations and transitions. I am not sure if this is placebo effect but there seems to be some improvement on the screen animations on my OV. There are no other changes.

Reactions: digitaljeannie

digitaljeannie

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have updated my build in the Wiki with 09242011. Synced two recent merges in the CM framework/base repo adding missing functions in the 2D accelerated rendering libraries. I wanted to test if OV had any benefit from these merges. So, if you try please post here if you see any improvement on the screen animations and transitions. I am not sure if this is placebo effect but there seems to be some improvement on the screen animations on my OV. There are no other changes.

See, I knew as soon as I took the plunge and converted to IHO & got everything set up the way I wanted you'd post a new update. hahaha.
I have my windows animations turned off so I probably wouldn't notice a change so I'm gonna stick with the 9/22 build for now. But i do want you to know that after putting your 9/22 build on my phone, my battery life on idle overnight was about 2% per hour which is really quite decent and the battery drain overall seemed fairly on-par with what I've gotten on other ROMs. I did just recently recalibrate my battery so may have something to do with it, not sure, but I didn't notice an increased battery draw that others had expressed.
I had so much fun being home with my germs yesterday and just geeking out on my phone all day long that when the DH got home, I talked him into letting me geek out on his phone too and he absolutely loves his new purple themed phone and I assured him that I restored his apps properly so he wouldn't have to start Angry Birds all over again.

Reactions: mrg666

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
See, I knew as soon as I took the plunge and converted to IHO & got everything set up the way I wanted you'd post a new update. hahaha.
I have my windows animations turned off so I probably wouldn't notice a change so I'm gonna stick with the 9/22 build for now. But i do want you to know that after putting your 9/22 build on my phone, my battery life on idle overnight was about 2% per hour which is really quite decent and the battery drain overall seemed fairly on-par with what I've gotten on other ROMs. I did just recently recalibrate my battery so may have something to do with it, not sure, but I didn't notice an increased battery draw that others had expressed.
I had so much fun being home with my germs yesterday and just geeking out on my phone all day long that when the DH got home, I talked him into letting me geek out on his phone too and he absolutely loves his new purple themed phone and I assured him that I restored his apps properly so he wouldn't have to start Angry Birds all over again.

Sorry, I can't stop myself from building another when I see a change in the repo ... yet :)

2% per hour is also about the same I see on my phone. Get well soon.

Last edited:

Blastin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking IHO so far. The battery life is so much better than my samsung intercept and I finally have access to CM7! It took me about 30-40 minutes to get it stock to IHO up and running. The V is my 3rd android device so the time it takes to ROM'd up a device gets shorter and shorter each buy.

Since I have the the 2.2.2 V, can I use ANY IHO rom? I flashed the EMU-zombie one to avoid the black screen I have been reading about. I had to use android screencast to get rid of the one I installed from ROM manager..

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there a dedicated page/thread that lays out the details of MiRaGe that's updated with new builds? (Similarly to how post #3 of this thread lays out the details about BACKside along with install notes and all needed file links).

Sent via VM670

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Is there a page/thread that lays out the details of MiRaGe? (Similarly to how post #3 of this thread lays out the details about BACKside along with install notes and all needed file links).

Sent via VM670

Well, I was asked to find a designation for my builds and I chose that name. MiRaGe is IHO. I don't add anything but just remove the clutter. So, there is no other information needed than it is available in the Wiki. All of those information is generic, instructions apply exactly to my build, and I add there as needed. There are no additional files needed other than gapps which is there again. But I have put there some optional files (a light theme and stock Android Launcher), see "Optional Files" section in the same page. You can also find there what was removed; all of the builds are briefly described on a table.

I started building just to have an unmodified and lean IHO for myself and I am sharing with the community as a way to contribute. So, I don't think there is any more information needed but please ask here if you want to know anything else. Please thank Blarf, Bob, and Jerry. I just build and help around a little bit to do that.

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking IHO so far. The battery life is so much better than my samsung intercept and I finally have access to CM7! It took me about 30-40 minutes to get it stock to IHO up and running. The V is my 3rd android device so the time it takes to ROM'd up a device gets shorter and shorter each buy.

Since I have the the 2.2.2 V, can I use ANY IHO rom? I flashed the EMU-zombie one to avoid the black screen I have been reading about. I had to use android screencast to get rid of the one I installed from ROM manager..

You can choose any build over there after September 1st as written in the Warning statement just after the list of binaries. Yes, the battery life is very good. My OV with IHO can easily survive past 24 hours when needed.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
You can choose any build over there after September 1st as written in the Warning statement just after the list of binaries. Yes, the battery life is very good. My OV with IHO can easily survive past 24 hours when needed.

Is it recommended that you flash gapps after you flash the ROM like you do with BACKside? And if so is there a particular one to use, or just use the same one from that BACKside post?

Sent via VM670

thdrake56

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed this ROM, coming from the latest BACKside, gonna see how it goes, looks good right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967