ROM Manager & ClockworkMod Recovery

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
actually i thought cognition comes rooted, let me look it up , you may need to reboot,,,illl look it up and edit this post

i dont see if it comes rooted or unrooted,,,,,but sideloading should be available now

Reactions: Verdes8891

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The reboot did it I had to do an update for Titanium for it to be granted Super User permissions. But it is up and running now. Hey, thanks for all your help again man. I am an idiot when it comes to these things, but you have helped an idiot, become less stupid (you can quote me if you like lol)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
The reboot did it I had to do an update for Titanium for it to be granted Super User permissions. But it is up and running now. Hey, thanks for all your help again man. I am an idiot when it comes to these things, but you have helped an idiot, become less stupid (you can quote me if you like lol)

No way man, we all need alittle sometimes, help, when you get home,go into my signature and watch the how to videos they are all about the captivate you will be an expert by the time your done. they are done by Connexion2005 and if you feel the videos helped maybe throw him a donation he is expecting a baby so that would help .

And tell me how awsome its running with Cog, its like a different world,,,and please dont forget just to restore apps, if you restore all the data it will go nutso on you

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
if it bugs out in a couple hours, which hopefully it wont you will need to reflash and try doing the apps you want individually

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
So far my captivate is acting like it should have. I love it. No lag or nothing. Is there any other things I can do with this now? It has now peeked my interest.

From my Captivate :)

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't know. Not really interested in overclocking at all. But maybe because I don't get that either. What else can I do?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Well its got froyo so it has pretty much what everyone has been screaming for. Try out flash

Did you look at the video list that i suggested, you will find lots of stuff with thorough explanation through video
http://forum.androidcentral.com/t-c...video-samsung-captivate-video-how-thread.html

Don't know. Not really interested in overclocking at all. But maybe because I don't get that either. What else can I do?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I did. Not seeing much else but oh well. I am still loving it. I do keep seeing hype about the cyanogenmod. Is that also available for the captivate ota?

jaydee15

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
ROM Manager requires a custom kernel for its features to work. Ironically, you have to install ClockworkMod Recovery without ROM Manger to get ROM Manager working. Alternatively, you can use Odin to flash a custom kernel first, then flash ClockworkMod Recovery through ROM Manager.

What is Odin and how do i use it, what custom kernel would you use for a vzw fascinate?

DoctorQMM

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
CWM 2.5.1.2 AND CWM 2.5.1.3 installed

Hi All... looking for some ClockworkMod wisdom and direction. I have 2 CWM versions on my device, and not sure if that's the norm... not... or safe. Here's my story (and I'm sticking to it):

Phone: i897 Captivate;
Build: FROYO.UCKB1;
Kernel: 2.6.32.9

Last week, I updated my phone to official AT&T Froyo 2.2 (UCKB1). I re-rooted (using SuperOneClick v1.7) and already had TiBU, RootExplorer, etc installed. Rooting went fine, and verified I now had "su" permissions. Since official 2.2 has stock 3e recovery, I added the modified 3e recovery so I could flash 'unsigned' zip packages. Then, installed ROM Manager from Market, and "Flashed CWM Recovery". I think this created the "update.zip" on my /sdcard root. I rebooted into Recovery (BLUE, modified 3e) then "reinstalled packages". After reboot, I dropped the voodoo lag-fix kernel ("stock+voodoo-Froyo-I897-UCKB1-unsigned.zip") on root, did 3-button boot to recovery trick, and was in GREEN (v2.5.1.2) CWM recovery. Then "install zip from sd-card" and selected my voodoo zip file, applied, and voodoo lag-fix installed perfectly in 5 minutes. After shutdown and another 3-button reboot to recovery, I saw I had RED CWM 2.5.1.3.

OK, now my questions/concerns:

1) now, when in ROM Manager if I "Reboot into Recovery", I go to GREEN CWM v2.5.1.2. From there I can go to "advanced", then "Reboot Recovery", and bam, I'm in RED CWM v2.5.1.3 (can also get to red using 3-button reboot to recovery). So, appears I have 2 CWM Recovery versions installed. I also have an "update.zip" on /sdcard root (assuming this is CWM v2.5.1.2 GREEN?) and "recovery-update.zip" in /sdcard/clockworkmod folder which I assume is CWM v2.5.1.3 RED? Is this correct?

2) is it OK/safe to have 2 CWM versions installed or should I somehow remove GREEN v2.5.1.2? How?

3) Should I delete the "update.zip" on /sdcard root or leave it? How can I tell what package that really is?

Thanks for listening... sorry for the long message, wanted to provide adequate detail regarding my concern. Didn't want to go any further down the road until I understand this CWM Recovery conundrum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emma22