[ROM][ODIN] Gingerbread "Leaked" EH06 v2.3.4 Now Available!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
[NOTE]
Gingerbread EH06 v2.3.4

6046069782_fff63d3971_b.jpg

(Screenshot provided by dtm_stretch. Thank you!)

Before the info below I just wanted to thank drm_stretch for jumping in and helping out, as many of you know my Epic 4g is basically broken/useless and I'm waiting on a new refurb. I didn't want you the members to suffer because of me and dtm_stretch jumped right up to the plate when I asked. Thanks!

Here we go again, Samfirmware.com just released/Tweeted this moments ago... Its not the build we would like to have but its still newer! EH06. Thanks Samfirmware.com

[INFO]- Download and extract the package. It will have the tar file and Odin software included. When you go to extract the tar file you will be asked to enter the password provided below.
- Open Odin and place the SPH-D700-EH06-REL.tar.md5 file in the PDA slot of Odin and make sure you check Auto Reboot only and press START.

Password is samfirmware.com

Download Link for EH06: Mirror #1 (credit: dtm_stretch)
Download Link for EH06: Mirror #2 (credit: onilink67 from xda developers)[/INFO]

Need a handy tutorial video to help you out? Try qbking77, EH06 installation tutorial

[TIP]Information for rooting and installing CWM available in post #2[/TIP]
[/NOTE]

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Gingerbread "Leaked" EH06 v2.3.4 Now Available!

Rooting and installing CWM for EH06

Go to the links below and follow the simple instructions...
[INFO]
http://drockstar.devphone.org/EpicTa....1.0.1.tar.md5 (place this file in the PDA slot of Odin with only Auto Reboot checked and press START)

Superuser (Boot into CWM and flash this zip file which will give you Superuser access)[/INFO]

Last edited:
Reactions: Weirdo0815

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

dtm-stretch, PM me the link and I will post it w/credit as a mirror in the OP.

Thanks.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

dtm-stretch, PM me the link and I will post it w/credit as a mirror in the OP.

Thanks.

It is in your in box

btw: in your second post the profanity filter got hold to one of your links. The **** are a bad word that starts with F.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Yes I edited the link because it did have profanity in it. Thanks!

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I switched back to EC05 for the rest of the day I have got some running around to do and the GPS wasn't getting a lock. Ill switch back tonight to run through the trouble shooting on the GPS. One thing I did notice was Telenav GPS was installed instead of Sprint Nav. Other than that I didn't notice anything different from EG22. Also I tested the rooting method with the odin file and flashed the zip and it worked. I returned to EC05 by restoring my back up then flashing the EC05 modem, very easy process.

Reactions: Paul627g

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Its entirely up to you.. Remember this is complete stock, so you can't flash any previous themes, etc over it. I'm sure the devs are already working on the deodexed version to play with.

Reactions: Robbie Doo

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanx Paul....I'll just wat a while.

BTW, these modems change too often. Devs don't get a chance to work on one a new one comes out. :)

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

BTW, these modems change too often. Devs don't get a chance to work on one a new one comes out. :)

Good thing or bad thing? Shows that someone somewhere out there is still working on Sprint and Samsung updates for the Epic, right?

Should we be encouraged by this?

BTW, I also agree, thanks for all the great work out there on these leaks everyone!:cool:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Well its more than just the modem, it the entire OS getting updated.. Remember these are leaks and normally devs don't put any real effort into building ROMs from leaked builds. But in the case of Gingerbread and waiting as long as we have so far the devs do what they can with the time between leaks...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali