[ROM][ODIN] Gingerbread "Leaked" EH06 v2.3.4 Now Available!

basschica

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Well I finally bit the bullet and rooted and went away from stock to EH06. I had hesitated since this is my work phone, not a personal one, but I'd like to get rid of an old personal Cliq that I've got on Tmobile and have been hanging onto it due to the Epic bugs (most notably GPS).

So far, in my case:
GPS still seems bad. With the ##GPS fix I've gotten like 4 locks, but generally it's 3 or less. I haven't driven with it active, but I am guessing I'll lock up and have to pull the battery. I will test this.

My speeds are still bad and I believe way worse than I was on stock. Though, I have to mention I'm in the west Michigan area (live in Grand Rapids, work in Holland) and my understanding is Sprint is specifically worse here. 3G tests were like 5-10k down / 6.5 - 7.5k up and 4g I believe I got like 22k down and 6.5k up. Before I think I've seen various down up to about 300k and it max'd at the 150k up limit.

Screen / physical keyboard delay - it's better than before, which was like 10-15 seconds, but I'd say it's still a good 5 second delay. This is one of my biggest complaints with this phone.

Skipping keys/omitting - unless my typing is just a lot worse than I think, I believe it's still happening, though not quite as bad as before.

Battery drain seems worse than before for me. Of note the "GPS Status" app was using a majority of it since I was testing the GPS issues, but I don't know, I'm thinking it's still bad in general. I did notice that the Google sync'ing (on stock) was killing me before. Once I disabled contact and calendar sync my battery life had improved immensely. I hate having to refresh manually, but it's been the only way to handle the battery issues effectively, even though I have an extended Yoobao and I properly "trained" it.

Thanks to all the devs for their hard work!

Marianne

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just a note on a few things you mentioned.

The screen lag (rotation lag) I assume your speaking of, that will get better once the devs can tweak it more... Maybe once we get official release and a custom kernel to play with,

The missed keys, slow response that will also be fixable once they can do custom kernels.

GPS, this has always been hit and miss since day one with the Epic. I think its part hardware for some people and part software for others.. Maybe a combination of both... On my original Epic I had great success.. Never had GPS issues on Eclair/Froyo or leaked GB. I haven't bothered testing my refurbs.

Signal quality, that is a touchy subject.. As you mentioned could be the area your in combined with Sprints strength in that area. Also may have to do with the modem (radio) which I think has been a key reason of the delay with official GB.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You have two options.

1. Using a mac, run Bootcamp and a copy of Windows to use Odin to install.

2. Use the thread below to root and install CWM on your Epic first, then you can flash a CWM flashable version of this same leaked GB.

[MOD][One Click Root]ClockworkMod 3.1.0.1[RFS & EXT4] (Instructions for mac users included)

[ROM] Stock/Deodexed update.zip for EH06 (CWM Flashable w/ root)
Basically the same version as you have in this thread except its rooted, flashable in CWM and ready to go if you choose to flash themes, mods, etc.

jrhd437

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
[NOTE]
Gingerbread EH06 v2.3.4

6046069782_fff63d3971_b.jpg

(Screenshot provided by dtm_stretch. Thank you!)

Before the info below I just wanted to thank drm_stretch for jumping in and helping out, as many of you know my Epic 4g is basically broken/useless and I'm waiting on a new refurb. I didn't want you the members to suffer because of me and dtm_stretch jumped right up to the plate when I asked. Thanks!

Here we go again, Samfirmware.com just released/Tweeted this moments ago... Its not the build we would like to have but its still newer! EH06. Thanks Samfirmware.com

[INFO]- Download and extract the package. It will have the tar file and Odin software included. When you go to extract the tar file you will be asked to enter the password provided below.
- Open Odin and place the SPH-D700-EH06-REL.tar.md5 file in the PDA slot of Odin and make sure you check Auto Reboot only and press START.

Password is samfirmware.com

Download Link for EH06: Mirror #1 (credit: dtm_stretch)
Download Link for EH06: Mirror #2 (credit: onilink67 from xda developers)[/INFO]

Need a handy tutorial video to help you out? Try qbking77, EH06 installation tutorial

[TIP]Information for rooting and installing CWM available in post #2[/TIP]
[/NOTE]
I'm bricked after cwm3.1.0.1.tar. Please help me somebody!

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not any worse than the other builds from my understanding. Actually it sounds like this build is pretty stable.

I went back to EG22. I was getting random restarts on the EH06 build, as well as the modem randomly dropping to no service where there should be 3-4 bars. I didn't try the EG22 modem under the EH06 build yet. EH06 also has a bug in the browser where the "back" button closes the whole darn thing out.

mfrench

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Paul,
i finally got round to do the update. it did not work. I got an error code of E:failed to open /sd card/update zip(no such file or directory) E signature verification failed Installation aborted. then i rebooted system.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I have two Epics, both on custom roms that are acting up, I want them back to stock.

My question is: Is this a true stock rom if I don't install SU since I am using Odin. Whenever
the update comes thru, I want it to go without me manipulating.

These are my daughters at school, cannot do anything with them unless they are home, plugged into my computer with me fixing. So when I change anything, and hear then complain about what I may have lost (I know the card saves and can back up most, but things always fall thru the cracks), I want
to do this once and be done!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing that even though this is stock, its not official so I don't believe you will receive the OTA update notice while running this. Think of this being the same as when those of us around at the time flashed the leaked Froyo DK28 stock build. It was stock but not official so you couldn't receive OTA updates.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Also may have to do with the modem (radio) which I think has been a key reason of the delay with official GB.

I just installed EH06 yesterday on my Epic and on EC05, I had a solid signal pretty much all the time in my area. Since updating to EH06, I have pretty much been roaming constantly. Updating to EH06 did finally fix the issue where I couldn't update my PRL/Profile, but since I am constantly roaming, my speeds are not all that great. I like everything else about this update, but I am going back to EC05 until the modem issue is fixed.

jhiciano

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have two Epics, both on custom roms that are acting up, I want them back to stock.

My question is: Is this a true stock rom if I don't install SU since I am using Odin. Whenever
the update comes thru, I want it to go without me manipulating.

These are my daughters at school, cannot do anything with them unless they are home, plugged into my computer with me fixing. So when I change anything, and hear then complain about what I may have lost (I know the card saves and can back up most, but things always fall thru the cracks), I want
to do this once and be done!!

It would be stock on a beta rom still, technically, might want something froyo based if you want a true stock stock rom

TheMissle

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I followed the instructions from this post to upgrade my phone from Froyo to Gingerbread (2.3.4) a couple of weeks ago. I've noticed some buggy-ness ever since and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing them, or if there are any fixes. The issues I've noticed are as follows:

1.) There have been a handful of times that I've caught my phone randomly restarting itself without perceivable reason or warning. Although, I've mostly observed this within a few days of the upgrade, and not as much the past week (maybe once in a while it might still do it).

2.) The microphone will randomly be on every so often, even though there is no call in progress. I first noticed this because I kept hearing a high-pitched "feedback" type of noise occasionally when I would put pressure on the screen or something. I couldn't tell what was making the sound until I blew into the mic and noticed that I could hear the noise through the phone speaker, as though I had it on speakerphone. Very odd.

3.) My GPS has stopped working. I am almost certain it worked at first after the upgrade, but the past several days when I've gone to use it, I notice it cannot read my location.

Are there any known fixes to any of these issues? Thanks! :confused:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just many of the known bugs still in all the leaks of GB up to this point.... Now you see why it hasn't been officially released yet.

BTW, no real fixes for any of this issues...

Raiderspy1

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I install EH06 and found out that the screen rotation was horribly lagging. Tried several things to fix this, but know help. Anybody remember the fix for this problem with froyo 2.2? This time, lay your phone on its back on a pretty level surface, go to settings, display, horizontal calibration, and calibrate a couple of times. Its backkkkk. Its really better. I hope it helps.

mikebarr

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Ditto here -- GPS doesn't work. Also, the browser closes down instead of going back when you hit the back button.

Since all of this worked in the prior release, why did it fail here? Seems odd a new release could go backwards.

sankim

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Gingerbread "Leaked" EH06 v2.3.4 Now Available!

Both the download links for the EH06 are down. Please let me know whereelse we could get the download. Thank for all your work. San

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Gingerbread "Leaked" EH06 v2.3.4 Now Available!

Both the download links for the EH06 are down. Please let me know whereelse we could get the download. Thank for all your work. San

This could be because Samfirmware.com had asked in the last leaked release that nobody "mirrors" the file anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201