[ROM][ODIN] Gingerbread "Leaked" EH06 v2.3.4 Now Available!

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Went to samfirmware + downloaded the gingerbreadEH06 file, then ran as noted on this thread (was running 05 previously) .........all is well after 24 hours, no known issues thus far. Have to add, incremental but welcome improvement as 05 was beginning to show erratic behaviour. Will stay w/ this build for the forseeable future. Phone is running much faster now. Thanks Paul for all of your support.

Reactions: Paul627g

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Addendum: 2 weeks after my last post, finally rooted CWM 3.1.0.1 + Superuser (to observe the device and THEN make the decision whether to run backups + recovery + wireless tether)....and all appears to remain steady w/ overall performance, though there have been some bugs --like occasional auto-reboot-- so am inclined to recommend EH06 2.3.4 build for those who intend to stay with the epic 4g as it is working out great for a year-plus older device (BTW: my last rom, since March was [Odin-EC05] Froyo prerooted/CWM v2.5.1.0 RFS (odexed).........In comparison, this build has improved sync + has proven to run faster for me personally, tho this obviously has not been the case for others in this thread............so, for the time being, let's see how things go in the next moon or two for our Epic rooted community..........good luck guys!

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I believe the links for this are no longer available. Samfirmware.com that produced these "leaks" had asked shortly after this was released to not "mirror" the downloads anymore and those who were doing so removed the links. Samfirmware.com also I think only keeps the most current build they are "leaking" online for a short period of time.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I can not open the pages, are they already down?

i just went into samfirmware.com (as a registered member).........and was able to locate the leaked tar........looks like they have been transfering everything over to a new website (SamMobile.com) so that could explain the cut links?.....................i was on this ROM for a few weeks, long enough to experience Gingerbread, and enjoy the ride (for a leak, EH06 appears more stable than EH17, according to reports on these forums).
........... as lots of development has rolled out on this site as well as on xda-developers in a span of several weeks, it may be a good time to explore new ROMS as there are many more options...............+ even possible prospects of an official GB custom ROM in the near future.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa Oliver