ROM zips/ sdcard

markbehr

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Ever since i rooted my external sdcard is not working properly, and i tried everything i can think of including formatting, so i have been putting everything on my internal sdcard. I was wondering to clear up space can i delete my current rom zips off of my storage after installing? Also im thinking of deleting all backups except for the original.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can detele the zips from your device after flashing them. You can delete your backups as you see fit as well. However, It's always a good idea to put them both on your computer where they are safe if you ever want to use them again.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Rooting shouldn't affect access to the SD card. Have you installed a custom ROM? If so, which one? If not, what process did you follow to root?

Have you tried a difference SD card to make sure it's not the card that failed?

viper80134

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I ran into the same problem, however I am still using the same sock ROM currently because it sill reads my SD card and have tried flashing the latest CyanogenMod which does not read my SD card. To go into further detail I can't even mount the SD card in recovery to install a zip file. I am using a Scandisk Ultra HC 64mb, even though I can read my SD card in my stock ROM with no problems I cannot mount or see it in recovery. I have tried formatting it both in the phone and on the computer to no avail. Any thoughts? would it be the fact that its an Ultra HC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds