Rumor: V20 to be released on October 21st in US

gcliff23

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
That's an interesting take.

Paying $24 a year for 100G of online storage from Google costs about as much a SD card. So I'm not too sure about the overpriced Google storage.

I'm pretty sure sales numbers would back up your assumption that Apple (or Samsung) doesn't compete with LG either.

Sorry LG.

Keep having press conferences with no specifics and no phones to sell. That'll help.
There are a bunch of people that don't like to rely on the cloud to get what they feel like should already be stored in their phone. It could be for a number of reasons, you're forced to be in data coverage areas, people far that if it's on a server, anyone else can somehow get access to it, or people like me that just wants my movies, pictures, and music on my personal device where I can get to it in a split second. But I don't fault anyone for wanting to use the cloud of whatever other online server storage they call it.

I'm honestly curious because I have no idea about data usage and the cloud, do they charge you data if you're using a cell tower network and access your stuff that you saved on their servers? I know t-mobile gives you unlimited streaming from video and music services, but if you listen to your own music that's being streamed from the cloud, are you racking up data usage?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
There are a bunch of people that don't like to rely on the cloud to get what they feel like should already be stored in their phone. It could be for a number of reasons, you're forced to be in data coverage areas, people far that if it's on a server, anyone else can somehow get access to it, or people like me that just wants my movies, pictures, and music on my personal device where I can get to it in a split second. But I don't fault anyone for wanting to use the cloud of whatever other online server storage they call it.

I'm honestly curious because I have no idea about data usage and the cloud, do they charge you data if you're using a cell tower network and access your stuff that you saved on their servers? I know t-mobile gives you unlimited streaming from video and music services, but if you listen to your own music that's being streamed from the cloud, are you racking up data usage?
All data is treated the same unless stated otherwise, like in your TMO example. That's why I want as much local storage as possible. I'll use cloud services for backups that I do via Wi-Fi, but not for my commonly used files.

gcliff23

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
All data is treated the same unless stated otherwise, like in your TMO example. That's why I want as much local storage as possible. I'll use cloud services for backups that I do via Wi-Fi, but not for my commonly used files.
Thanks for the clarification. I thought that would be the case but I wasn't 100% and didn't want to assume.

Devil13n

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Good reason to not use the cloud for streaming but the argument was the price. Especially if you spend a lot of time on a plane.

Same if you like use an SD card to rip movies and music to, go right ahead. Samsung still gives you the option.

I might be in the minority, but I'm not too concerned about Apple/Google/Amazon pulling my digital content.

My main point was that whatever they are doing, it's not hurting their sales enough to care about LG.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
You ol' devil you.lol Well the iPhone 7+ certainly looks to be a worthy device. Good luck with iOS. Just too boring for me. I like that you can always change Android via launchers. But at least you'll get to enjoy all day battery life.

It is boring!

Although I'm getting 6 hours of straight gameplay on this thing. That's double my G3 and G4 which kind of makes it ok versus swapping the battery.

It's on a 1 year plan so I may switch back if a better camera on an android phone comes out lol

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I guess no harm no foul in regards to not releasing earlier to take advantage of the Note 7 issues. Local BB and Verizon concur with Samsung that about 90% so far have got replacements. The balance mainly got the 7 Plus.

Not sure how many would have went for the V20. I will admit when wrong. Meh.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It is boring!

Although I'm getting 6 hours of straight gameplay on this thing. That's double my G3 and G4 which kind of makes it ok versus swapping the battery.

It's on a 1 year plan so I may switch back if a better camera on an android phone comes out lol

The GPU is the key. 1080P is much less power to manage for it. Note 7 at 1080P does similar results. iPhone has no magic bullet, just a lower tasked OS and a 1080P display ;)

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The GPU is the key. 1080P is much less power to manage for it. Note 7 at 1080P does similar results. iPhone has no magic bullet, just a lower tasked OS and a 1080P display ;)

understood, although i do not like samsung like most here do not like iPhones lol. Which is why ive stuck to LG. I considered the note7, love the form, but the 7+ proved to be a great camera and lasts all day long.

cant wait to se what LG has in a year.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
understood, although i do not like samsung like most here do not like iPhones lol. Which is why ive stuck to LG. I considered the note7, love the form, but the 7+ proved to be a great camera and lasts all day long.

cant wait to se what LG has in a year.

Personal choice rules :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174