Rumor: V20 to be released on October 21st in US

Ilya Ivanov

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently on an iPhone but the V20 and Note 7 are the two phones that are pulling me to switch. If the V20 takes until the end of October, I may not be able to wait and just go with the Note! I was hoping to see some good screen and camera comparisons between those two and the iPhones

You can always bet on Samsung and apple to have great displays, lg on the other hand wasn't always the best.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
People so far are raving about speed and battery life of the post recall Note 7. About a week to see if a placebo.
From what I'm reading, Samsung added some performance improvements in the update that gives them the green battery icon and it's apparently quite noticeable.

gcliff23

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Lol I should try that I think. I think I'm going to attempt to return to the old days when I didn't even know what phone was coming out when and I just visited the store and said hey this looks nice. Those were the good days.
I miss those days too.

But I don't get how everyone is upset that the phone might be released a few weeks after the initial estimated release date. They are probably making sure everything is perfect on the phone instead of releasing faulty units. I'd definitely be fine with waiting if that's the case. Release a phone that's not going to explode or have software issues even if it takes a few more weeks. Unless you NEED a new phone because yours is on the fritz, why is it so hard to wait a couple more weeks? Choosing to get a different phone because it's available now vs waiting a few weeks doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I want the V20 so I'm fine with waiting. It never crossed my mind that I HAVE to get the Note 7 or iPhone 7 just because it's available a month before the phone that I want. Yes, waiting longer sucks, but it sucks for just those few weeks. You getting another phone just because it's available now could possibly upset you that you didn't wait for the phone you really wanted when it finally launches. Is it because so many people have to have the latest and greatest right at the moment it's released? (I'm looking all you idiots lining up at apple stores overnight to get the newest iPhone)

Wow, I'm sorry that this turned into a rant. I didn't intend for that to happen when I replied.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I miss those days too.

But I don't get how everyone is upset that the phone might be released a few weeks after the initial estimated release date. They are probably making sure everything is perfect on the phone instead of releasing faulty units. I'd definitely be fine with waiting if that's the case. Release a phone that's not going to explode or have software issues even if it takes a few more weeks. Unless you NEED a new phone because yours is on the fritz, why is it so hard to wait a couple more weeks? Choosing to get a different phone because it's available now vs waiting a few weeks doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I want the V20 so I'm fine with waiting. It never crossed my mind that I HAVE to get the Note 7 or iPhone 7 just because it's available a month before the phone that I want. Yes, waiting longer sucks, but it sucks for just those few weeks. You getting another phone just because it's available now could possibly upset you that you didn't wait for the phone you really wanted when it finally launches. Is it because so many people have to have the latest and greatest right at the moment it's released? (I'm looking all you idiots lining up at apple stores overnight to get the newest iPhone)

Wow, I'm sorry that this turned into a rant. I didn't intend for that to happen when I replied.
It's really not so much the waiting but a compound number of things. 1. Timing. You announced the phone hours before the iPhone 7 launch. 2. You announced the phone with no information regarding pricing or availability. 3. We are still basing our waiting period off of rumors. LG hasn't confirmed anything yet. I can wait for a phone I really want but tell me how long I have to wait and how much the phone will cost. Samsung, Apple, HTC, and some other manufacturers cover this information on announcement day if not a few days to a week after. It's been over two weeks and the only confirmed info we have is from LG Korea. That's the bigger issue. And when you're trying to make a name for yourself against the competition and while one of your main competitors is having a serious and official recall and you literally have no information to give your target base that's pretty bad. I just don't see why they rushed the announcement and have been so quiet about the info after.

gcliff23

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
It's really not so much the waiting but a compound number of things. 1. Timing. You announced the phone hours before the iPhone 7 launch. 2. You announced the phone with no information regarding pricing or availability. 3. We are still basing our waiting period off of rumors. LG hasn't confirmed anything yet. I can wait for a phone I really want but tell me how long I have to wait and how much the phone will cost. Samsung, Apple, HTC, and some other manufacturers cover this information on announcement day if not a few days to a week after. It's been over two weeks and the only confirmed info we have is from LG Korea. That's the bigger issue. And when you're trying to make a name for yourself against the competition and while one of your main competitors is having a serious and official recall and you literally have no information to give your target base that's pretty bad. I just don't see why they rushed the announcement and have been so quiet about the info after.
I completely agree, LG teased us then didn't give any information about an actual release. They are continuing to have issues on the media side of the company while Samsung and especially apple know how to conduct a proper phone release. I'm hoping that this delay is to iron out any deficiencies with the phone.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I completely agree, LG teased us then didn't give any information about an actual release. They are continuing to have issues on the media side of the company while Samsung and especially apple know how to conduct a proper phone release. I'm hoping that this delay is to iron out any deficiencies with the phone.
It should be a flawless device devoid of any boot loop issues and worth the wait. They just need to get information out.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

This. The issue is not having to wait, but the pee poor launch timing and missed opportunity. The launch should be within two weeks of the device release. All they did was waste opportunity. Think if they did a launch October 1st, but some strategic leaks prior to that. LG needs marketing focus with phones, since it appears they treat phones no different than appliances- not similar categories for optimization.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
A launch with no info and then drag it out defeats the value of the launch and any product momentum. I still think the launch is tied into their relationship with Samsung in some manner, since that is the only thing that makes some kind of professional sense.

My guess is they must have hired one of the laid-off BlackBerry marketing geniuses ...

gcliff23

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
It should be a flawless device devoid of any boot loop issues and worth the wait. They just need to get information out.
I agree. Them pushing the date back means hopefully they are working on some issues. I'd be upset if they released it late and still had build or software issues like the G5.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I agree. Them pushing the date back means hopefully they are working on some issues. I'd be upset if they released it late and still had build or software issues like the G5.
Oh I would find their headquarters and have a kind word with them if that happened.lol Kind words. But LG is my friend and they are getting this baby ready. More and more V20 videos are popping up all over the place now.

jimmy allen1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Oh I would find their headquarters and have a kind word with them if that happened.lol Kind words. But LG is my friend and they are getting this baby ready. More and more V20 videos are popping up all over the place now.

This phone has me more excited than any phone in the last 2 years has : )

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
This phone has me more excited than any phone in the last 2 years has : )
Me too honestly. The V10 for me was initially a surprise cause I hadn't heard anything about it really. Then I saw all those manual controls from the G4 included in video mode and I was in love. The last phone I was this excited about was the Lumia 1020. I'm a former Windows Phone guy. LG provides the most pure fun experience for photos and video to me. The competitors are great and maybe Samsung is a hair better in auto and speed but the fun factor is all there with LG phones.

Devil13n

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Bottom line for me is that if the phone was already out, I'd have it.

Since it's not, I'm taking a longer look at the non-exploding Note 7 AND, now that it's gone so long, I'd still wait to see what Google is going to do on 10/4.

Again, if the phone was released in a timely manner, they would have my money. As it stands now they've allowed the competition to creep in and I'm not so sure anymore.

They've created competition for my money when there wasn't any.

You guys keep making excuses as to the phone not being ready somehow so that's why it's a mystery as to when you can buy one. Let's just say that's possible. How do you explain the lack of pricing info? Are they undecided on that?!

Let's use this as a case study. We know Samsung and Apple can announce and release a phone in the time it takes LG to give us basic information, but can Google make it 3 in a row?

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Google's phones don't compete with LG's phones, not with hardwired battery and no SD card slot.

Google and Apple want you to spend more money on overpriced memory upgrades, and use their revenue-generating cloud services and music/movie stores. LG says, here, add a huge SD card and store away.

Sorry, Google. Sorry, Apple.

Devil13n

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Google's phones don't compete with LG's phones, not with hardwired battery and no SD card slot.

Google and Apple want you to spend more money on overpriced memory upgrades, and use their revenue-generating cloud services and music/movie stores. LG says, here, add a huge SD card and store away.

Sorry, Google. Sorry, Apple.

That's an interesting take.

Paying $24 a year for 100G of online storage from Google costs about as much a SD card. So I'm not too sure about the overpriced Google storage.

I'm pretty sure sales numbers would back up your assumption that Apple (or Samsung) doesn't compete with LG either.

Sorry LG.

Keep having press conferences with no specifics and no phones to sell. That'll help.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
According to my LG Rep he said it can't come out before Nougat. He told me 22nd.
If that's the case then why not just state that and ride on that for the reason why it's not released? But that doesn't even sound accurate as the Korean model ships next week on the 29th. Plus if that is the real reason why it can't launch then why even announce the phone that early? Doesn't make sense. I wish these companies would be more transparent about the process. Whatever you do just don't leave your target audience in the dark with theories and questions and a little resentment. I would have been less disappointed if they said the V20 comes out on November 3rd for $700 on X carriers. LG basically showed us this great phone(cause nobody's upset about waiting for some run of the mill phone) and then said thanks for stopping by. How do you sell phones like that? And my criticism of these types of launches are fair across the board. If any other manufacturer did this for a highly anticipated flagship that I was very interested in I would feel the same.

V6Hawk

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
If that's the case then why not just state that and ride on that for the reason why it's not released? But that doesn't even sound accurate as the Korean model ships next week on the 29th. Plus if that is the real reason why it can't launch then why even announce the phone that early? Doesn't make sense. I wish these companies would be more transparent about the process. Whatever you do just don't leave your target audience in the dark with theories and questions and a little resentment. I would have been less disappointed if they said the V20 comes out on November 3rd for $700 on X carriers. LG basically showed us this great phone(cause nobody's upset about waiting for some run of the mill phone) and then said thanks for stopping by. How do you sell phones like that? And my criticism of these types of launches are fair across the board. If any other manufacturer did this for a highly anticipated flagship that I was very interested in I would feel the same.

Wish I knew man. I'm just going off what he said, i'm not saying he's right. I hope it's sooner as well.