Running ICS 4.0.3 on my E4GT!!! You Jelly?

briandearing

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Was so stoked when I found this. So far, running great. Problems I was having with v1.0 (wasn't receiving texts was the only one I found I had) was fixed in 1.1. Just thought I'd spread the word and the love. :cool:

fitomv6s0dg4s09z5t34

px3jd3195xykn953uste

[ROM][TN] MIJJz BLEND ICS [FB21] "THE GOODNESS" [WIP][2/26/2012] - xda-developers

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

maluminse

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Was so stoked when I found this. So far, running great. Problems I was having with v1.0 (wasn't receiving texts was the only one I found I had) was fixed in 1.1. Just thought I'd spread the word and the love. :cool:

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

[ROM][TN] MIJJz BLEND ICS [FB21] "THE GOODNESS" [WIP][2/26/2012] - xda-developers

http://troll.me/images/trololo/you-mad-you-jelly.jpg

LOL only if everything works im Jelly. more imp PLEASE tell me what camera is running? Can you check camera settings and see if you can adjust contast, saturation and sharpness?? (not effects)

Im gonna try this I think. Rom shoppin this Sunday afternoon..

edit: In the instructions it says to use Odin to flash recovery kernel. why? cant I flash the kernal from the sd? And how to use odin to flash kernal??

Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
edit: In the instructions it says to use Odin to flash recovery kernel. why? cant I flash the kernal from the sd? And how to use odin to flash kernal??

Because according to Steady who does these recovery repacks, flashing in CWM may cause bootloops. I personally use sfhub's autoroot tool to inject the new kernels, because using Odin increases your flash count and causes the yellow triangle on the boot screen.

Until sfhub updates the tool with the current kernel repack, you can either use an older kernel, or pull the zImage out of the current one and place it in the tool's kernel folder then use the generic kernel option. I know this sounds complicated but it's quite easy once you've done it once or twice.

You could flash a TAR from your sd card using Mobile Odin, but its a paid app.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Until sfhub updates the tool with the current kernel repack, you can either use an older kernel, or pull the zImage out of the current one and place it in the tool's kernel folder then use the generic kernel option. I know this sounds complicated but it's quite easy once you've done it once or twice.
Package including FB21+CWM-Rogue is uploading now. Should be there within a half hour.

briandearing

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Package including FB21+CWM-Rogue is uploading now. Should be there within a half hour.

Can you please post a link when it's done on here? Everything was running ok when I had the old modem. I Flashed FB21. Now, I get a few FCs on programs. Also, I was trying to look at those camera settings for @maluminse and My media scanner won't stop running. Been running for like 20 mins now. I'd appreciate it if somebody could let the devs know. I was gonna post on xda, but it wont let me since I'm a noob there lol.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Can you please post a link when it's done on here? Everything was running ok when I had the old modem. I Flashed FB21. Now, I get a few FCs on programs. Also, I was trying to look at those camera settings for @maluminse and My media scanner won't stop running. Been running for like 20 mins now. I'd appreciate it if somebody could let the devs know. I was gonna post on xda, but it wont let me since I'm a noob there lol.
Well FB21+CWM-Rogue is a *kernel*, not a modem.

Also I've never seen a modem cause an FC.

Kernels could theoretically cause them, but I've never seen it happen on Samsung and more often than not the FCs are caused by something on the Android side rather than the linux side.

briandearing

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Well FB21+CWM-Rogue is a *kernel*, not a modem.

Also I've never seen a modem cause an FC.

Kernels could theoretically cause them, but I've never seen it happen on Samsung and more often than not the FCs are caused by something on the Android side rather than the linux side.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm kinda familiar with kernels, but not at all modems. I don't understand why they popped up after flashing the modem then. Maybe they will go away after flashing the one you mentioned that's coming?

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I personally use sfhub's autoroot tool to inject the new kernels, because using Odin increases your flash count and causes the yellow triangle on the boot screen.

My question is about the "Flash Count". What is this and does the phone only have so many times it can be "flashed"? Why is that a concern Jay? Just curious.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My question is about the "Flash Count". What is this and does the phone only have so many times it can be "flashed"? Why is that a concern Jay? Just curious.
Whenever you flash a *kernel* not signed by Samsung using ODIN it increases the flash count and causes a yellow triangle at boot. The flash count is visible when you go into ODIN D/L mode using Power+VolDn (after turning off the phone)

The yellow triangle can be removed by flashing a stock kernel or running triangle away, but the flash count would need to be reset using a usb jig which you can bulid or buy.

Some people theorize that Samsung or Sprint might try to deny warranty claims if they see you installed non-stock software, but I don't believe they can do that legally unless they prove the changes you made caused the issue your returning the phone over.

Anyway, in practice most Sprint repair centers don't care about the ODIN flash count, but some folks feel better not attracting any attention at all with their repair claims so they don't want the yellow triangle nor the odin flash count to be greater than 0.

Some people just don't want the yellow triangle because it isn't aesthetically pleasing.

I don't believe there is an explicit limit on the number of flashes you can do, though all EMMC has a limited lifetime of writes, you may never reach the range where issues would arise.

Reactions: elbaso and JayWill

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone get wireless tether to work? It worked fine with my rooted stock GB, same app not working with this. TIA

I don't think anyone has wireless tethering working yet. Once we get source and some more time I am sure the creators of the hacked hotspot app will get a new version out. As for now that is one of the downsides of using these leaks. If anyone knows better, please feel free to jump in.

briandearing

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
For those that read this, and get down to this post, I would be cautious about flashing these ICS leaks for the time being. There is something going on that is corrupting /data partitions, and even people who know a lot about Android rooting and flashing have bricked their phones. I've had no problems yet, but I plan to take extra precautions now, and I'll be flashing a full Odin EL29 restore before I go anywhere from here. It seems to be the one surefire way to make sure data wipes go smoothly and as expected.

Best to be patient and careful at this point rather than a potential frustrating exchange or JTAG service.