S-view flip cover - Help

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey there guys, I just got my Note 3 today and I am loving it! I also bought the S-view flip cover case with it. I put the case on the phone when I got home and I can't seem to get it to work. It wont bring up the little screen or turn the phone on automatically when I open the case. Could this be a problem with the case/phone or am i doing something wrong?

frankdogg

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
do you have it set it up? they say it takes a few attempts to get the phone to recognize you are using the case. also, you should check your settings to make sure its enabled for auto unlock (settings / general / accessory)

docprego

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Check for the 2 metal pins in the back of the S-view case. There have been assorted reports of cases arriving with these missing and apparently they are crucial for S-view operation.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
yeah, all my settings are correct. I also looked at the back of the s-view case, there arent any metal attachments on it, is that the issue?

KiltedMP

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
There is also an apparent recall on the S-view cases from Samsung. Might account for the problems you are having and the lack of availability online.

icellphones32

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem and fixed it, what you need to do is take out the directions that are in the package the cover came in. There is a little black piece with 2 gold prongs on it. You have to stick that on the inside of the case before you attach it to your phone. THEN, it'll work. I almost threw the package away, good thing I opened up those directions :)

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
My oem s view case has two gold pins on the back and it is working perfect. Did you purchase original samsung case or copy.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

bongta029

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I had a faulty one, and I exchanged it. After you snap it on, you can go to the settings and there's a setting for s view in lock screen section. S view menu will appear there once the case is snapped on. My first case didn't show s view menu in lock screen setting.

Posted via Android Central App

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
yeah, i think i'll have to exchange mine. I bought it a the t-mobile store, also checked the instruction booklet and the metal piece wasnt on there so yeah...thanks for all your hep guys

bob moravsik

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
There's a small black with two brass points device which is glued into the back inside part of the S-View case. Mine was stuck to the term sheet. I had to scrape the paper off as it was stuck to the small device. I put a litte dab of white glue and stuck it in the depressed area that is the same shape. WATCH OUT this piece is 4mm x 15mm. It's small

Bob

namanbhatt93

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
i bought s4 GT-I9505 nd its s view flip cover without those 2 gold pins nd my sensors are not working at all is this the reason behind its behaviour (not working sensors) ????if other please help to recover i've done factory data reset too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!