S10+ unable to transfer pictures to computer?

DLP45

Aug 17, 2021
Visit site
I was looking to transfer some of my pictures to my computer, but I've been unable to get my S10+ to connect. I was hoping someone would have some suggestions as I've been trying everything I can think of. Below are the things that I've tried:

1. Tried connecting phone to a few different Windows 10 computers, but not recognized. When I swipe down on the phone it doesn't present me with any USB options. Just says "Charging"

2. On those machines, I've tried different USB ports, different cables

3. Enabled Developer Mode. I turned on USB Debugging, Default USB Configuration was changed from "Charging Phone Only" to "Transferring Files", still nothing.

4. I saw someone that typing *#0808# should bring up a menu, but nothing happens.

It's probably been a year or so since I last tried to transfer some pictures, but this phone use to connect to the computer and transfer files without a problem. This shouldn't be so difficult! I was hoping someone had a similar experience and resolved it. I would appreciate any help! Thanks!!

DLP45

Aug 17, 2021
Visit site
I know...it's driving me crazy! When you plug your phone into the Windows 10 computer are you presented with USB options on your phone by swiping down on the screen? I can't remember what it did when it was working a while ago.

tomstark

Apr 30, 2019
Visit site
As I recall when I plug in I wake my phone up and then the computer gives me options for viewing. I would do it Noel but like a dummy I forgot my computer when I came to work today!

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I know...it's driving me crazy! When you plug your phone into the Windows 10 computer are you presented with USB options on your phone by swiping down on the screen? I can't remember what it did when it was working a while ago.

Might be silly, but it could be the cable. Either bad or not good enough for data transfer?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Maybe the usb port is faulty. The charging pins maybe ok. But the data ones could be faulty. Try cleaning the port with compressed air.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have lost the ability on my Note20U in the pull down notification panel to adjust usb for file transfers only charging , but you do get a window that pops up on the computer , do you see this ?20210817_151028.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Nope...Nothing appears on the computer. Thanks for replying
Go to settings>apps>system apps>find USB settings then tap it scroll to storage clear data and force stop it see if you can get a pop.up displayed or download the Samsung drivers to the computer

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I would guess you have been using charge only cables and not a data cable. Check to make sure all the pins have wires going to them and that some are not empty.

DLP45

Aug 17, 2021
Visit site
I did the steps you mentioned above, but still no popup or anything when connected to the computer. Thanks for the suggestions

DLP45

Aug 17, 2021
Visit site
The cables that I've tried are data cables. The last time I tried to connect to the computer and transfer my photos was about a year ago and it worked without any issues. The photos were building up again on my phone, so went to move them over again and now unable to connect.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
At this point, it seems like a setting somewhere, either from a specific app like Samsung's My Files or similar, or a system setting not allowing access to your files.

DLP45

Aug 17, 2021
Visit site
At this point, it seems like a setting somewhere, either from a specific app like Samsung's My Files or similar, or a system setting not allowing access to your files.

Yeah, I'm kind of thinking the same at this point. I'm going to keep digging around to see if I can figure this out. Thanks!

DLP45

Aug 17, 2021
Visit site

Alright, I went into safe mode as you suggested and connected my cable to the computer and the computer recognized my phone and I was presented with the USB options. So, one of the apps I have on my phone must be causing this to not work. Now I just have to figure out what app is causing this.

Thank You very much for the suggestion. I didn't even think of trying "Safe Mode"