S7 edge video quality issues

CTIGUK

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Have major concerns about the quality of video being recorded by my S7, visible in the following video.

https://youtu.be/6pCRRbB-Zh4

*apparently I'm too new to post active links, so you'll have to trust me, copy/paste or search 'point dume - S7 video quality issues' on youtube*

The video in the link was filmed in FHD 60 FPS, and the issue is the 'color banding' or fragmentation visible in the color of the sky throughout the recordings. Instead of being a smooth backdrop, the colors of the sky frequently seem to fragment /group up and become blocky, almost like the video is poorly compressed. Particularly visible from 1:15 onwards.

I watched someone else's video sample online and it didn't seem to suffer the same issue. Ive had a look at the settings and can't seem to see anything that may cause this. Anyone have any ideas or similar issues?

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Youtube always compresses the video to save space which creates artifacts. Does it happen when you watch the original video on your phone or TV/monitor directly from your phone?

Kris M2

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting bad quality videos also. Both videos and pictures are grainy in many instances. I would have kept my S5 if this were going to be the case.

Kris M2

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Changing the video setting to QHD or UHD makes a big difference.
The things I learn when I make an effort. I spoke too soon on my previous post.

skhalid93

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
My theory is this, It is either something to do with your phones compression, or the compression your phone does when uploading to youtube. Next time you upload, transfer the video to your computer and then upload from there. But I think the entire video is choppy.

The only reason it shows on the sky is because its not cloudy and theres not really any texture there to block the "choppiness". while you were walking up to that lady you said "Hi there" too, her head was also in the sky "zone" but you could not see her head being choppy because One, its a small surface area compared to the sky. Two, there's a lot of texture & motion there, her face, hair, eyebrows, glasses, all that plays into effect.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
all I know is my 60fps looks like junk.. I even mirrored it to my new sammy tv and had to shut it off. thank god it was nothing important. looks like 4K all the way for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia