Samsung (direct from them): Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Note 8 Preorder Delay

According to the rep I talked to, Samsung is having massive orders on the unlocked version. Bad that mine won't be here till the 25th, but glad that the Note 8 is selling well.
I think the unlocked sales are exceeding original forecasts.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Samsung did it again folks!!!!!
This is a rant thread for vomiting out all the frustrations with the Samsung Note 8 Preoder delay, the customer service and their dubious lies, and the lessons learnt from it.

Maybe they received too many preorders

ballstitch

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
and 5 hours after I cancel my order I get the notice that it will be shipped next week. LOL @ Samsung, I bet they send me a phone for the canceled order...

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well my order status has changed to "CONFIRMED" now...I guess this is good news
I'm hoping they ship today or tomorrow even though the email says next week

CraverEric

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
Mine switched to confirmed some time between 7am-9am eastern time. Not sure what that means, figured it was confirmed when I placed the order lol. 9/5, verizon, black.

Eduardo Calderon1

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
Mine switched to confirmed some time between 7am-9am eastern time. Not sure what that means, figured it was confirmed when I placed the order lol. 9/5, verizon, black.

same, funny thing is my gear 360 is still on pre-order. And also got the pending charge on my account again. assuming this means they will be shipping soon? hopefully this weekend.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
To many bad stories here I had ordered from Samsung but canceled out of fear of dealing with this or if i need to exchange the phone, sold my trade on swappa for $325 so i lost some there ,Best Buy is delivering today while others will walk in the store today for pickup release day

xraytedjim

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site

Both my wife and previous note 7 owners. Went with the deal being offered by Samsung. My wife ordered hers on 8/24 and got hers lady week. I Pre-ordered mine 2 days later and got the same email this morning about the delay. I've called Samsung about 5 different times and each time but s clueless answer as to whats going on. According to. With the note 7 offer I was guaranteed priority shipping to receive mine first to thank me for my loyalty. Apparently along with that priority shipping came a giant middle finger! Beyond frustrated that I could wall into best buy today and get one, but even though I PreOrdered 2 weeks ago, I still have no phone.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
To many bad stories here I had ordered from Samsung but canceled out of fear of dealing with this or if i need to exchange the phone, sold my trade on swappa for $325 so i lost some there ,Best Buy is delivering today while others will walk in the store today for pickup release day

So you lost out on the Note 7 deal? I couldn't give that up
No way I wanted to spend $900 on a phone

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I gave up $100 took $325 for my phone
Plus other discounts for $150 off
You came out ahead and don't have to deal with Samsung. I would have done what you did even at a $100 loss. Samsung just doesn't sound fun to deal with, and the what if there's a warranty issue, dealing with Samsung on that horror. And to top it off, you don't have to deal with the trade in deal with Samsung, which may or may not go smoothly.

You should feel like you just got paroled from prison.. Lol

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
You came out ahead and don't have to deal with Samsung. I would have done what you did even at a $100 loss. Samsung just doesn't sound fun to deal with, and the what if there's a warranty issue, dealing with Samsung on that horror. And to top it off, you don't have to deal with the trade in deal with Samsung, which may or may not go smoothly.

You should feel like you just got paroled from prison.. Lol
That's why I canceled as well. I traded my iPhone 5 to att and got 300. So I lost 125 but it's worth it to me in the end. Plus I got my phone a week ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny