Samsung (direct from them): Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

CraverEric

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
same, funny thing is my gear 360 is still on pre-order. And also got the pending charge on my account again. assuming this means they will be shipping soon? hopefully this weekend.

My SD card still stays preorder, just the phone and charger say confirmed.

Two reason I ordered directly from Samsung, 1: have old s5 laying around, no way i could get $425 for it. 2: I can pay off balance of phone at the discounted price; where verizon gives monthly credits; leaving you with few options for 2 years. While I have been with verizon forever, still have grandfathered unlimited plan, I do switch phones pretty often; which I blame Samsung for lol.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I'm sticking with this is because I have an unlocked S8+ which I will sell for about $600+ so i'll use it to pay off the phone with some money left over. If I got it from a carrier I'd be at a loss.

Eduardo Calderon1

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
The only reason I'm sticking with this is because I have an unlocked S8+ which I will sell for about $600+ so i'll use it to pay off the phone with some money left over. If I got it from a carrier I'd be at a loss.

same, I basically traded my s8+ for a note 8 (have always liked the note line better) and got about $50 back lol.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Those delivery estimates like 930-130, are those accurate? I'm thinking with all the extra packages due to the Irma delay it won't be until later in the day.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Those delivery estimates like 930-130, are those accurate? I'm thinking with all the extra packages due to the Irma delay it won't be until later in the day.

They're estimates -- they could be accurate or they might not be. That is why they don't say guarantee.

crackercraig

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Today is my expected ship date. Ordered 9/7 orchid grey AT&T. I just did an online chat with a Samsung rep and was told that my phone shipped out today. He said that the system isn't updated yet so he couldn't give me a tracking number but he said its on the way to me. When I asked again he said its ready to ship today and I'll have it Monday. Whether that's true or not , time will tell.
He said my order page on Samsung.com will be updated by end of day today to reflect status of my order with tracking number.
f39667b133ea5729ea83e8dd107c9371.jpg

Eduardo Calderon1

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
Today is my expected ship date. Ordered 9/7 orchid grey AT&T. I just did an online chat with a Samsung rep and was told that my phone shipped out today. He said that the system isn't updated yet so he couldn't give me a tracking number but he said it shipped today and I'll have it Monday. Whether that's true or not , time will tell.
He said my order page on Samsung.com will be updated by end of day today to reflect status of my order with tracking number.

You might get more info if you download the fedex app. Or the UPS app incase they chose that courier.
btw whats the status of your order then?

Yes, Unlocked. Note 7 Promo.

Samsung: a bunch of unfulfilled promises!

Yep, so far seems like extimated ship date for the unlocked phones may very well be Oct, 1.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Got a recent email from Samsung, anybody else got this???
"Thank you for your recent order of the Samsung Galaxy Note8. We regret to inform you that there is a shipping delay, your device will now be shipped out next week and you will get a shipment confirmation email with the tracking information. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay. The specific information for your order is as follows:
Order#:
Please visit our customer care site in case you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking here. Thank you for your understanding, we appreciate your continued patience while we work to deliver your order."

I'd probably be ok with a delay if I got something like this instead of just wondering with different answers everytime you call. It's really not that hard, give an expectation, if you can't meet that expectation give a clear update on why and what your doing. I think everyone would calm down a bit if you at least know the truth.

crackercraig

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hahahahahah. What a cluster f**k I just got a return call from a rep that I requested a couple hours ago. She said she has no further info on when the device will ship. She isn't sure if it will ship today but it could. She said that they are instructed by upper management to explain that there are weather related delays because of problems at a distribution center in Texas. When I told her about the details of my online chat she said he should not have told me that it's shipping today because he would have no way of knowing that. UNBELIEVABLE.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
The phone is in high demand guys. The delays are to be expected at this point. I know we're not used to this with Samsung phones, but realize that the Note hasn't been new for 2 years. If you didn't order early you can't expect to get the phone early.

People ordered the 24th - 28th and do have them yet. But people without note 7 deal, and ordered later than that have them already. So yes your right about having to be patient with delays due to high demand, but the way they are shipping them out is enough to cause people with early preorder to be upset. I was late to the game, so I'm trying to be patient, but i just want clear expectations.

mista_twista

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I hate to see so many people having issues with their phone shipping. I ordered mine on the 25th - unlocked, black, note 7 promo. Mine was delivered on the 7th. It really is an awesome phone.

Eduardo Calderon1

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
Hahahahahah. What a cluster f**k I just got a return call from a rep that I requested a couple hours ago. She said she has no further info on when the device will ship. She isn't sure if it will ship today but it could. She said that they are instructed by upper management to explain that there are weather related delays because of problems at a distribution center in Texas. When I told her about the details of my online chat she said he should not have told me that it's shipping today because he would have no way of knowing that. UNBELIEVABLE.

Contacting chat support is probably the worst anyone could do honestly, I've been told they only have the information that is available on the website, they don't know much more than us, maybe even less.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine changed to confirmed today, whatever that means. 9/6 order date, Note 7 user, VZ blk, ship by 9/15 date commit. No charge on credit card. Gear 360 still on preorder (which is fine, I'll take it whenever it can ship)

skeletor807

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I preordered an unlocked N8 on the 26th. Today, I walked into my closest Best Buy to see if they had any. They didn't but another store 20 minutes away did. So I called the other store and they confirmed they did have an unlocked N8 and yes they would hold it for me. Woohoo!!!!!! So, I drove over there and as I am waiting in line I check the status of my samsung direct order. It still said preorder with the option to cancel. After I buy my N8, I go and sit on a bench to actually cancel the online order. It now says confirmed with no option to cancel. This happened in about a 5-8 minute window. So, I am now waiting on a call back from Samsung so that I can cancel it. I think I pissed Samsung off and they are now punishing me. LOL!
20170915_113220.jpg

Burraburiash

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
I preordered an unlocked N8 on the 26th. Today, I walked into my closest Best Buy to see if they had any. They didn't but another store 20 minutes away did. So I called the other store and they confirmed they did have an unlocked N8 and yes they would hold it for me. Woohoo!!!!!! So, I drove over there and as I am waiting in line I check the status of my samsung direct order. It still said preorder with the option to cancel. After I buy my N8, I go and sit on a bench to actually cancel the online order. It now says confirmed with no option to cancel. This happened in about a 5-8 minute window. So, I am now waiting on a call back from Samsung so that I can cancel it. I think I pissed Samsung off and they are now punishing me. LOL!
View attachment 268465

You are certainly an unlucky one! Get yourself some lucky charms! Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny