Samsung Direct: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Why do I do this to myself every year?!?! Get excited about a silly phone. Read about it until I can pre-order. Then read about it more after I pre-order as everyone is getting it to imagine what I'm going to soon have. Then I get it and it is just a phone, and my life doesn't change. These phones suck! :p

It's ok to get excited about things or events sometimes right lol 😀

isobro

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if the unlocked version on Verizon allows visual voicemail and VoLTE? I've heard they do not, but hoping someone has hands on experience with it.

scmurphy13

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if the unlocked version on Verizon allows visual voicemail and VoLTE? I've heard they do not, but hoping someone has hands on experience with it.
Yes on both. There's a Visual Voicemail app included on the phone and there's a settings option for VoLTE.

gazuga6176

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
maybe visual voicemail but prob not VoLTE. or wifi calling. I believe only TMO supports these features on unlocked devices. I know for a fact that att doesnt.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone have any luck having your phone held at a Fedex location for pick up? When I try to request "Hold at Location", it won't let me select it. It looks as if that option is grayed out.
Unfortunately looks like that option is not available for this shipment. Sucks I usually always do hold at FedEx hub but now got to be at home to wait like a crazy guy full day looking at the window

LightningGA

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
My phone went from Indiana to Tennessee last night and I'm in NY. Scheduled to be delivered today by 8...wtf.

Edit: Phone is at local sort facility. Now to look out the window as every car passes all day.

Last edited:

TheGeekNextDoor

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Phone is at Destination sort facility as of 2:55am. No further updates from FedEx yet. The FedEx vehicles around here don't have as distinctive a sound as the UPS trucks. Sometimes FedEx delivers with a smaller van.

8:48am...at local FedEx facility. Christmas in March. Certainly cold enough!
9:37am...On FedEx vehicle for delivery. Here comes Santa!

Last edited:

Fletchand

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My phone went from Indiana to Tennessee last night and I'm in NY. Scheduled to be delivered today by 8...wtf.

Edit: Phone is at local sort facility. Now to look out the window as every car passes all day.

Mine now shows this:

5:05 am Departed FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN
12:41 am Departed FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN

Hoping to see a local scan soon. Not sure I believe really coming today but we'll see....

Got Galaxy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone gotten any info on how to send your trade back in? My box had no return info and the website is only today saying that my order was delivered. Only note on it is

"Hey if you want to cancel, dont send the device & just ignore any reminder emails." next to my trade in the order.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Lot of people getting worried.. Folks the package ships thru a plane so it'll reach your local destination facility in the morning even if it leaves the FedEx hub around midnight so don't worry.
Generally most my packages leaves FedEx Memphis hub midnight and will be in the local destination morning at the West coast.
Everyone will be getting their phones delivered today unless weather plays spoilsport.

zerospace-net

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My S9 arrived at my local Fedex this morning. Here I was hoping for an early AM delivery, but probably not going to show til the afternoon based on the time it was scanned in at the destination hub. When I ordered this thing, I couldn't have cared less about when I got it, but now I'm getting antsy. My S7 seems to know it's getting shelved for the S9... Smart Lock on it has been absolutely dodgy for the past 3 days =P.