Samsung does replace factory Screen Protectors for free!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Here's how I see it. If you're bothered by the scratches on this plastic screen protector in a little over a month of use, then you should order 12 of them, get a years worth at a time. They are plastic, they are going to scratch, and so will the replacements. The original one on the phone isn't faulty. I'm surprised Samsung is replacing them probably the luck of clueless reps.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Here's how I see it. If you're bothered by the scratches on this plastic screen protector in a little over a month of use, then you should order 12 of them, get a years worth at a time. They are plastic, they are going to scratch, and so will the replacements. The original one on the phone isn't faulty. I'm surprised Samsung is replacing them probably the luck of clueless reps.

I hope Samsung doesn't read these forums , there goes the fired Rep and my free replacement screen protector😂

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

That's why I went Whitestone Dome

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So anybody who has got these replacements, was it easy to install? Any issues with it adhering to the glass along the edges?

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that was easy. It seems like they are doing these free replacements for everyone now. The attached screenshot is the response I got from the chat and then when I called the agent, she had to refer to her notes to process the replacement. She mentioned it's "something new that we're doing" so she had to read her notes.

Pretty cool, I'll take it! Screenshot_20190424-104632_Samsung%20Members.jpeg

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

My sentiments exactly! What Samsung is doing resembles more of a warranty replacement. Admitting that their product is "faulty", which it is not. Suprisingly shocked that Samsung would go out of their way to mail/complimentary screen protectors for all s10 users. If that is the case, everyone should order 12 of them. So that we can't complain about scratches.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My sentiments exactly! What Samsung is doing resembles more of a warranty replacement. Admitting that their product is "faulty", which it is not. Suprisingly shocked that Samsung would go out of their way to mail/complimentary screen protectors for all s10 users. If that is the case, everyone should order 12 of them. So that we can't complain about scratches.

What product is faulty?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Screen protectors. Which it isn't. Unless I missed the memo that they offer free replacements, no questioned asked... I too should jump on the bandwagon and order months worth of them

They aren't faulty. They scratch over time. I doubt they will give everyone many months worth of protectors. just remember if everyone gets greedy they'll probably stop sending them.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Been following this thread but had no intention of asking for a replacement. That is, until this morning when I accidentally put a deep gouge into the screen protector. In fact, it went all the way through the plastic but luckily did not hurt the screen. The protector was gouged up and torn away from the screen so I had to take it off.

Anyway, called Samsung and sure enough they are sending out a replacement. Thanks to the OP for posting the info.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well didn't Samsung say in the beginning they were replacing protectors if it was within 30 days? My scratch isn't that bad it is mostly noticeable when the screen goes off and I may not even put the new one on just yet until it gets worse. Especially since it's not the same one with the pill cut out. she told me just go to Best Buy and let the Samsung rep put it on that's where I got my phone but we'll see my

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My screen protector came today there's two in the package which is good cuz my husband needs one too. Mine has a lot of scratches on it already and I've been really careful putting it in my pocket or purse with nothing else so I don't get it. But I may wait a bit until mine gets really worse.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My screen protector came today there's two in the package which is good cuz my husband needs one too. Mine has a lot of scratches on it already and I've been really careful putting it in my pocket or purse with nothing else so I don't get it. But I may wait a bit until mine gets really worse.

That's one thing I dont like about film protector, I just installed my Dome glass protector feels and looks great

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
That's one thing I dont like about film protector, I just installed my Dome glass protector feels and looks great

Oh so you like the dome I'm used to having just Zagg. I go to the kiosk at the mall she puts it on for $30 and if it messes up I go back and she'll put a new one on for six or eight bucks. But I don't know anyone that has won and how good the fingerprint works with it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh so you like the dome I'm used to having just Zagg. I go to the kiosk at the mall she puts it on for $30 and if it messes up I go back and she'll put a new one on for six or eight bucks. But I don't know anyone that has won and how good the fingerprint works with it.
Yeah use them on all my Samsung phones , they are expensive but got tired of wasting money on ones that would stick ok but touch issues and others that didn't stick good but had good touch response. If done correctly the Dome goes on very well , fingerprint on the Dome is a hair slower then with the film taking my scan but I'll accept that for glass protector that sticks with no touch issues

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Screen protectors. Which it isn't. Unless I missed the memo that they offer free replacements, no questioned asked... I too should jump on the bandwagon and order months worth of them

They will only send out 1 and not months worth. 1 time good deal.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I got 2 in my pack which is good cause hubby needs one. Mine has a pill shape in the corner but I don't think it's cut out it's weird. I'll have to look again. They told me just to go back Best Buy and let the Samsung rep put it on. Mine started as one scratch and now I see more little ones in one spot but mostly noticeable when screen is dark.