Samsung Galaxy Note 3

John Afolabi

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I just hope Samsung does something different with their designs. Indeed, they do make great phones but most of their phones design/look is basically the same

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Quick question for those with the S4 and the 13MP camera - rumors are that the Note 3 will be getting this camera and sensor. I searched but only saw comments regarding video playback.

How does it shoot videos? Are they playable on a big screen TV? I saw some "popping/crackling" comments, not sure how widespread that is....

I remember back in my old BB days shooting vids of my kids - terrible videos, but it was all I had at the time. Then I got a Droid X - I shot a crab running across a beach and I thought it was great video (at the time). Didn't want to clutter the S4 forum with this. Let me know if you can. Thanks.

Sent from my small screen iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if that is the GN3 or not, sketches are never something to go by. As for video capture and playback with the GS4 camera not sure if its the identical parts on the GN3. I know its supposed to be 13MP but also have ISR for better image quality. I typically don't do much video for playback on a big screen so I can't say.

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping they offer it in a higher internal phone memory, as mentioned already there isn't enough. The O.S. takes a large portion and many apps will not allow you to move them to external memory. Every time I ask a phone rep about onboard memory they give the canned sollution "but you can always get a larger external sd card". I tell them it does no good when you can't do updates to the phone. My phone would not perform app updates because there was not enough available memory. 32 minimum, 64 would make me happy.

I would also like to see if offered in an active model like the S4. A group of family members vacationed to Florida and I almost went into the ocean with my phone. 3 others did go in with their phones in their pockets, one had his phone and his wife's. I currently have the rezound so I am looking forward to getting my Bluetooth back, and getting Bluetooth 4. I am noticing a lot of blutooth 4 devices coming out, it will be nice to have the option to get a few. An IR blaster would be nice, but I don't think I would trade the continuous large clear screen of the Note 3 for the S4 just for the IR blaster.

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see an active version. There were rumors that there were going to be multiple versions out (I'm not just taking about US and Europe versions) but that rumor kinda dissipated recently. Oh well. All will be revealed in 11 days.

Posted via Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
An active version is interesting but there are options on the market today for waterproofing your mobile devices. Since for the first time in a very, very long time I can see me keeping the GN3 long enough to actually wear it out I am looking at The Waterproof Phone Case Alternative - Liquipel Watersafe as my solution. For $60 its a great way to insure the best protection on your phone, but of course if you go into the ocean there really is nothing that will water proof at those depths no matter what.

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The depth that got the phones in the ocean was about 2 feet. They were in their pockets and they were simply standing or treating water. An active version would probably be a bit smaller than putting one in a water resistant case. I can always hope they offer both, if not I may look at one of those cases for trips to the water.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
That is the rumor as of today, but who really knows until next Tuesday, then all will be revealed.

Raptor, are you definitely getting the Note 3, or are you waiting to see what is truly revealed on the 4th. What I mean is, based on the current rumors, would you get it just based on that?

Sent from my small screen iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
At this point the only thing that would keep me from getting the GN3 is IF Samsung fails to deliver on the 32GB as the base storage option. Sure I would love to have OIS on it, but its not the end all be all for me, its a smartphone, not one of my higher end DSLR's I have. I want a 5.7" screen, 4.3, 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, etc., etc. So long as Samsung can deliver I am all in. I am sitting at about a week now with only a smartphone and had to keep myself from wasting money on used Galaxy Nexus's going for $150 when I know a GN3 will be $299-349 the question is WHEN will it arrive?

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I would say it will be able to play 4K content from MHL but not record it. I mean that's one of the specs of the 800.

Posted via Android Central App

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
4K recording? That's nothing I would be interested in yet. 1080p uses enough memory recording. Imagine 4X that memory. Also, 4K video without IOS? No thanks.
As far as the 192 kh, playback for music...who has this music? You would need to re-rip cd's or have someone that sells them in that format.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
This is the best thread today. Note 3? Yes! Hell, my note 2 outperforms most anything including battery life. Who in their right mind would complain about features? :confused:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Crisdean

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
4K recording? That's nothing I would be interested in yet. 1080p uses enough memory recording. Imagine 4X that memory. Also, 4K video without IOS? No thanks.
As far as the 192 kh, playback for music...who has this music? You would need to re-rip cd's or have someone that sells them in that format.

Yes on the recording space requirements. Loads of Hifi people will have that sort of music and I personally think it's a nice touch to have something like that in the system.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Supposed pics

http://m.androidauthority.com/galaxy-note-3-front-259204/

The one image that caught my eye ....
435D59D4-967B-4250-9811-0F03319E439C-542-00000087E474FD45_zps2e2a2829.jpg

Is that aluminum?

Last edited:

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site

In 24 bit:

Ornette Coleman "The Shape of Jazz to Come"
Thelonius Monk "Underground" CBS Sony Japan
Paul Simon "Graceland"
Buena Vista Social Club
Johnny Burnett and the Rock and Roll Trio "Tear it Up"
Albert King "Born under a Bad Sign"

24 bit is not always good, but I want the option. Just not sure I care if it is on my Android.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. Great options to have. I doubt these will factor into people's decision to buy one though.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfoot715