Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Sadly its doubtful to be aluminum. Now if Verizon can refrain from the home button tramp stamp this time I will be happy. Fortunately I have a couple of extra Spigen button covers ready and waiting for Verizon. 7 days to go ladies and gents. Does anyone know what time the event is being held at. The time shift to Germany is what 6 hours.

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Note 3 next to Note 2
gsmarena_001.jpg

Source
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk HD

Lastnv

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Not much difference eh? Edges are a little more squared, the bezel all around is a hair thinner, and the device itself is a tad taller....
Meh, I'll wait to see what they do with the Note 4...got my Note 2 in feb so I'm in no rush.
Best phone I've ever owned<3

If anyone has been on the fence about buying a bigger phone I'd recommend the Galaxy Note series. Samsung definitely knows what they're doing with a phone this size. I recommend the Note 3 for sure. Multi-window, pop up video player, the S-pen and S-note very pretty useful on occasion.
The big screen is great to watch video and view images. You can see more on screen which is nice apps like Google Maps and browsing the web.The big form factor makes games enjoyable and cramp free to play on. The battery life kicks *** as well.
+whatever Samsung adds in the Note 3

Amazing phone

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Not much difference eh? Edges are a little more squared, the bezel all around is a hair thinner, and the device itself is a tad taller....
Meh, I'll wait to see what they do with the Note 4...got my Note 2 in feb so I'm in no rush.
Best phone I've ever owned<3

I'm in the same boat as you and got my Note 2 about the same time. It's so good, I could easily ride it out until early 2015/end of contract. I don't think that what the Note 3 is going to bring to the table will be enough to warrant my selling off the Note 2 and getting the Note 3 off contract. I think it's going to be similar to the S3 - S4 difference, which for a lot of people was not enough to bail on the S3.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I am sporting a crappy flip phone while I wait for the GN3. Spigen is clearly ready to announce their products on 9-4-13 as well so I look forward to getting my stuff going, now I just need Verizon to get on board.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you and got my Note 2 about the same time. It's so good, I could easily ride it out until early 2015/end of contract. I don't think that what the Note 3 is going to bring to the table will be enough to warrant my selling off the Note 2 and getting the Note 3 off contract. I think it's going to be similar to the S3 - S4 difference, which for a lot of people was not enough to bail on the S3.

If you are buying each incremental update, I doubt it would be worth it. Most manufacturers are probably catering more to most customers on the 24 month upgrade cycle. I think phones nowadays will be more future proof than ever before. The fact that I will have my phone for the next 2 years makes me want the Note 3 over the Note 2 because I don't have a Note 2 and want to stay as current as possible with specs and updates.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually liking the squared off corners and the reduced side bezels. I'm still reserving judgement though until I can see the entire device. No hurry, still enjoying my Note 2 nine months later! :D

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
If you are buying each incremental update, I doubt it would be worth it. Most manufacturers are probably catering more to most customers on the 24 month upgrade cycle. I think phones nowadays will be more future proof than ever before. The fact that I will have my phone for the next 2 years makes me want the Note 3 over the Note 2 because I don't have a Note 2 and want to stay as current as possible with specs and updates.

For me its all about the extra internal storage 32GB vs 16GB before formatting and OS. Its a huge difference.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I am sporting a crappy flip phone while I wait for the GN3. Spigen is clearly ready to announce their products on 9-4-13 as well so I look forward to getting my stuff going, now I just need Verizon to get on board.
i though you had the gpro?
anyways i bought a used note 2 a month ago to tide me over until i can compare the gn3 & nexus 5. so i probably wont end up buying anything until november.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
it wont be released here in the US id say until october, same as the note 2 last year.

I am still holding out hope for an early release. I believe that there's more competition this year and they want to get this out to the masses ASAP. Maybe it will be a flip flop from last year's release and have the US on the early end this year due to the supposed issues with the Exynos 5 Octo chips.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
it wont be released here in the US id say until october, same as the note 2 last year.

Let's hope you are wrong. According to the news on the front page, it looks like a September 16th release date for the UK. Let's hope the US is not far behind. This will be a day 1 purchase for me. Time to put my GS3 to rest!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully it has an improved DAC over the S4. I will jump for that reason alone.

Posted via Android Central App
What's wrong w/the S4's sound? I think it pushes my Senn HD595s pretty durned well.

Let's hope you are wrong. According to the news on the front page, it looks like a September 16th release date for the UK. Let's hope the US is not far behind. This will be a day 1 purchase for me. Time to put my GS3 to rest!

Amen

Sent from my humble S4

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I would imagine Samsung would want to push this out before October so they can be competitive with the iPhone 5s sales, LG G2, Moto X, and perhaps the HTC One Max. Either way, I've been waiting to upgrade my S3 since I've had it from the first day it came out on Sprint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23