Samsung Galaxy S6 Is 128gb version pushed back?

Spencers20

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Best Buy and AT&T (My carrier) still only list the Galaxy S6 128gb as "coming soon". I tried calling several AT&T corporate stores and Best Buy stores to ask if they'd have 128gb on hand for launch and received only NO's.

Amazon has the Gold version of the AT&T 128gb available as of April 27th, but I can't find any info on the 128gb model as a whole being pushed back and launching later than the others on April 10th.

Living in central Pennsylvania, am I just too far away from a store large enough to have the 128gb versions, or is there a delay of some sort that I just can't find any info on?

Thanks for any information/opinions.

shuddle13

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is 128gb version pushed back?

The 128GB version is being released later on most carriers. I believe AT&T and another carrier just have it listed as coming soon. I pre-ordered mine from Verizon, which is being released a week later than the 32GB and 64GB version models - I won't get mine until April 17th. The worst is if you are ordering the Gold versions, which are pushed back until late May. Good luck on AT&T, I haven't heard anything specific on their dates. I'm counting down the days until mine gets here.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I know of a few T-Mobile users who got theirs... And a few AT&T. Just depends when you ordered I guess.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

When I pre ordered my AT&T S6 the morning preorders opened I'm almost positive that there was at least one 128GB model that could be pre ordered. Most likely Samsung made a limited number of the 128GB S6 and even fewer of the Edge as they didn't expect high demand for what is a very expensive phone. With all 4 US carriers carrying the 128GB variant there was probably higher then expected demand and the carriers burned though their initial allocations very quickly and Samsung is playing catch up.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I had no issue getting the S6 Edge 128GB which I want to return but AT&T is being difficult on that part. I may have to move my phone # over to an old verizon pay as you go phone and wait it out which sucks. But I just can't risk being stuck with it, even though they noted my account and I have assurances that once its available to order I can trade it in. Mine is still in its box on call forwarding.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

The 128GB version is being released later on most carriers. I believe AT&T and another carrier just have it listed as coming soon. I pre-ordered mine from Verizon, which is being released a week later than the 32GB and 64GB version models - I won't get mine until April 17th. The worst is if you are ordering the Gold versions, which are pushed back until late May. Good luck on AT&T, I haven't heard anything specific on their dates. I'm counting down the days until mine gets here.

I'm in your same sinking boat waiting for the Verizon 128GB. :p

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Edge models only. The 128 GB regular models are delayed, yes. T-Mobile isn't shipping them until at least the 17th, and quite possibly later than that.

Which wouldn't be so bad if they had been up front about it when pre-orders opened.

Spencers20

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for chiming in everyone. I have to keep reminding myself "it's only another week or two, it's no big deal". I just hate release dates popping up with only some of the products available. Here I was all set to get my new phone Friday morning at 10:00AM, but no dice. Oh well. A lesson in patience. I hope all of you get the model you're hoping for.

Thanks.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Amazon says 4/27 for gold 128gb

Posted via the Android Central App

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Well I'm guessing mine won't ship from T-mobile until the 24th either then.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

I'm waiting on my gold att on amazon they said may 27 th so no problem. I CAN wait have my note edge to keep me company till then

DuStU

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I pre-ordered the regular black s6 March 30th and it keeps changing the delivery date (T-Mobile). It used to say the 7th then it said 20th to the 27th. Why would they make the 128gb edge available but not the 128gb. Let me know if anyone of you guys get a 128 regular model.

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

128 doesn't even show up on AT&T's small business site for the non-edge.

128 MB in White Pearl S6 Edge is available to order. Black and Gold show as out of stock. 128 for the S6 standard in any color is not even an option there yet.

Last edited:

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

I really wanted the 128gb version, however, opted for the 64gb since it wasn't available yet. If it does come out on Verizon by 4/24, I'll be taking back my phone and getting the 128gb version.

J

deevel79

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

May I ask what you guys need so much memory for? 128g is a hell of a lot of memory for just a smartphone. Personally I've never needed more than 32g.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

May I ask what you guys need so much memory for? 128g is a hell of a lot of memory for just a smartphone. Personally I've never needed more than 32g.
Cached music from Google Play, Cached VUDU movies, installed games (some of them get pretty big.) And I have no idea how large GearVR oriented content might get. 64 might be just short of my needs and there's no 96 GB option. (my setup is current 96 GB combined total).

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

othersteve

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

My status changed to:

Your order is currently being processed. You will receive a shipping confirmation email when your order ships, which will include the shipping details.

earlier today. Whether or not this indicates it is closer to shipping is anyone's guess.