Samsung Nexus Prime/Galaxy Nexus specs - disappointment?

jcarson13

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The chip speed issue doesn't bother me. Thousands of identical chips are first produced,
then tested at various clock speeds, then labelled (aka 'binning'). Personally, I hope for a conservative
clock speed - it will consume less power, run cooler and last longer. Everyone on these forums
can over/under clock, if they wish.

Rumored lack of SD storage IS disappointing, as I like swappable media storage (cloud
solutions will eat up the dataplan), but given the sweet form-factor, it's probably a victim
of the slim, non-user openable design.

Speaking of which, I seem to be alone wondering/worrying that this device will NOT have
an easily replaceable battery (like iDevices). Since my first Moto in '94, I've always had
a spare charged battery on hand.

However, I'm glad I hesitated when the Bionic launched ...

tdubrpdx

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I think the fact that they're calling is the Galaxy Nexus instead of the Nexus Prime is the most disappointing aspect to this phone.

Poopai

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Biggest disappointment for me is that the Apple A5's GPU still wipes the floor with the 4460's and every other Android phone's GPU. I don't understand why that is.

Timokreon

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm 50/50 at the moment. Im starting to lean towards waiting until q1 of 2012 and see what's coming. The possibility of no SD, and non-removable battery... eh.

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
With the exception of 720P and LTE none of those are better specs. In fact, the first 3 aren't even hardware...

On a pure hardware stance, the phones are similar yes,
But where the Nexus pulls away is in the software, or lack there of. There is zero crapware, a clean "vanilla" android OS, no clumsy UI, plus the knowledge that when a updated OS comes out, the Nexus phones are 1st in line to get them.

Now these are in my opinion the features that make the G-Nex a better phone, and these features may not be that important to you, so the all the hub-bub may seem out of place when you just simply look at hardware specs.

Last edited:

Itsthenew

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Kind of loses its meaning about no crapware because ultimately someone will root just about any phone and install whatever version they want. The nexus prime needs some killer and unique hardware features to stand above all else for a couple months.

themoose615

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
i would be completely shocked if the s2 got ICS. Samsung is pretty bad with putting out updates....always late to the party. The Samsung Epic from Sprint is still running froyo. No bueno!

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
This phone will be pretty state of the art when it drops yet feeling obsolete due to rumors of future phones that take forever to come out. This is the way of things, always has been always will be. I was rocking the OG Droid and couldn't wait for the Bionic anymore so purchased the Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate on ebay for $100 (lovin this phone) and had no need to get the Bionic as the Fassy held me over for the Prime to drop. That's it for me, I'm going to enjoy the Prime till it dies or end of contract.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
What really is a disappointment to me is the way the interactive buttons are laid out. Why can't there be some type of damn standard for the positioning of the buttons on Android phones?! It is ridiculous that the OG droid, all HTC phones and Moto/Samsung/LG all differ in this aspect. And now the Prime is supposed to have another configuration, this being Back Home Menu.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet