waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
On my personal S23 Ultra, I NEED to enter the PIN to turn off:

1. The whole phone
2. Wifi
3. Bluetooth
4. Mobile Data
5. Cellular (via Airplane mode or SIM selector)

On my iPhone 13 from work, without the passcode I can:

1. Turn off the phone
2. Turn off WiFi
3. Turn off Bluetooth
4. Turn off cellular!!

If someone in a bad mood turns off your iPhone and hides it in some obscure location in your own house, only prayers will help you find it!!!

I can't believe Apple doesn't at least offer this as an option, let alone making it the default behavior.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Odd on OneUI 6.1 i am still getting Outstanding battery life, i get SOT 11hrs to 12hrs with no charge after 1 day and half.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
On my personal S23 Ultra, I NEED to enter the PIN to turn off:

1. The whole phone
2. Wifi
3. Bluetooth
4. Mobile Data
5. Cellular (via Airplane mode or SIM selector)

On my iPhone 13 from work, without the passcode I can:

1. Turn off the phone
2. Turn off WiFi
3. Turn off Bluetooth
4. Turn off cellular!!

If someone in a bad mood turns off your iPhone and hides it in some obscure location in your own house, only prayers will help you find it!!!

I can't believe Apple doesn't at least offer this as an option, let alone making it the default behavior.

What a PITA. I hope iPhone doesn’t play copy cat on that. you

EDIT... Is this from the lock screen only on the Samsung phone? Do you have to enter your password to do those things even after the phone is unlocked?

Last edited:

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
Am missing something here? Surely to turn off those things on an iPhone you already need to have used the PIN (or fingerprint etc) to unlock the phone?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Am missing something here? Surely to turn off those things on an iPhone you already need to have used the PIN (or fingerprint etc) to unlock the phone?

The iPhone has it in the control center, you can open that in the lock screen, and yes you can turn those things on and off. Turning those on or off isn't really a security threat IMO, but I do think apple needs to fix that in a future update. I just checked, you can't get into those actual settings from the lock screen without face ID or password, you can just turn them off or on. From the lock screen I would be ok with apple requiring password or face ID to turn them on or off, specially with how good iphone's face ID works.

I don't think passwords should be needed once the phone is unlocked though.

Last edited:

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
What a PITA. I hope iPhone doesn’t play copy cat on that. you

EDIT... Is this from the lock screen only on the Samsung phone? Do you have to enter your password to do those things even after the phone is unlocked?
Re: Samsung, yes, I was referring to doing those things from the lock screen on a locked phone. You do not need to enter the passcode, etc to do those normally once the phone is unlocked.

One new thing has come to light since I posted...

My wife's personal iPhone, even after being powered off, has a little message on the screen that it is still findable using Find My iPhone. It could very well be that the corporate policy settings on my work iPhone has disabled that feature.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TripleU ®