Samsung visual voicemail app

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Anyone using the Samsung supplied VVM app? I'm a TMo US customer and have always used the TMo VVM app. Today I discovered the Samsung VVM app, which Samsung does a good job of hiding from OneUI Home screens. I discovered it while switching over/back to Nova launcher. I set it up and it seems to work well with TMo US (so far). So far it seems to be far less quirky than the TMo VVM app. Anyone else on TMo use it successfully?

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I use it and it works great. On my Pixel 4XL, visual voicemail was included in the Google phone app. For some reason, the google phone app on the Samsung does not give the option for the Visual Voicemail. I noted the Samsung app after first starting up and setting up the phone when I took a serious look at all the Samsung apps offered and remembered it, so I went to it, opened it up and darn if there weren't three messages already there I failed to delete last week when using the Pixel.

It works good, so I just left it alone and moved it to the home screen for easy access.

Look in the icon circle full of Samsung Apps that loads just like two other icon circles; one with Google Apps, one with MS apps). Or you can always go to the apps under settings and review all the apps listed under Samsung. I do that since one of the first things I did (as stated earlier) is look at the Samsung apps and then I do deleting of apps such as Facebook Spotify, apps I will never use.

I'm on a unlocked S22U, connected to Tracfone (Verizon service MVNO).

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Where did you find it?
In Settings, go to apps, enable searching by system apps. Scroll down to the green visual voicemail icon. Open the settings and click open in lower corner. Once open it will guide you through setup. Once setup, it can be opened through the phone dialer. Or if using Nova launcher you can add an icon to the home screen.

Reactions: popehandy

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised carrier lock has Samsung visual voicemail as its intended for unlocked device because carrier came with their own visual voicemail
This is what it looks like on my phone from the settings > apps menu. After I clicked open it ran me through setup. It even brought over my stored TMo settings and my saved VMs.

Screenshot_20220321-132521_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220321-132542_Settings.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is what it looks like on my phone from the settings > apps menu. After I clicked open it ran me through setup. It even brought over my stored TMo settings and my saved VMs.

View attachment 343258View attachment 343259
Yeah that's the one , I'm surprised maybe Samsung changed something because all these years it's been only available on unlocked for certain carrier.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that's the one , I'm surprised maybe Samsung changed something because all these years it's been only available on unlocked for certain carrier.

I downloaded the apk from APK Mirror and it won't install on my Verizon version S22 Utlra. There's a notice on the APK Mirror page that says root might b/is required to install.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I downloaded the apk from APK Mirror and it won't install on my Verizon version S22 Utlra. There's a notice on the APK Mirror page that says root might b/is required to install.
Yours unlocked or carrier version ?
That app only been available on unlocked version but certain carrier.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yours unlocked or carrier version ?
That app only been available on unlocked version but certain carrier.

Carrier.

I didn't even care that much about it. Checked it out in case others wanted to try it. I had a feeling it wouldn't install since it wasn't (visible) in Play or the Samsung store.

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised carrier lock has Samsung visual voicemail as its intended for unlocked device because carrier came with their own visual voicemail
I converted my unlocked TMo branded S22U to esim and now the Samsung VVM app no longer works. I tried to clear app cache and data but it will not verify account data to complete setup. So, as you say it seems TMo doesn't want people using this app on devices connected to their network. Locked or unlocked. I've been discussing this with TMo corporate and they are trying to get an answer for me. But I don't want to go back to physical SIM b/c I'll be traveling and want ability to add local SIM (hence the reason for esim conversion).

So, back to the crappy TMobile VVM app. BooScreenshot_20220416-131951_Visual%20Voicemail.jpgScreenshot_20220416-094846_Visual%20Voicemail.jpgScreenshot_20220416-094916_Visual%20Voicemail.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waimopete