Screen issues are seriously over hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
No. Why would I have a phone with a dull screen I know would be a deal breaker for me. I think the whole “do you own the phone” thing is lame. Do you own every phone you criticize? I think not.

I’m sure the phone itself is snappy and great with a great camera. But that screen? No thanks.

Well I for one have never gone on some website to criticize some phone I don't own. That makes no sense to me. I mean, who in the world has that kind of time to waste?

Some people criticizing the phone are even on iOS right now. Why would someone like that even care what's going on with the Pixel brand of phones, right?? I mean, someone like that must really have tons of time to waste.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
About 4 days in I agree the screen polarization issues have been blown out of hand. I keep my screen set pretty low and it's still looks bright and great! I still question the burn or if it was burn in people had. I just will enjoy my phone and keep an I eye on it. Enjoy the phone guys!

It was definitely burn in.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Well I for one have never gone on some website to criticize some phone I don't own. That makes no sense to me. I mean, who in the world has that kind of time to waste?

Some people criticizing the phone are even on iOS right now. Why would someone like that even care what's going on with the Pixel brand of phones, right?? I mean, someone like that must really have tons of time to waste.

That's just silly. We're all smartphone fans here, and discuss every phone released. Why wouldn't we? The Pixel is a phone a lot of us considered, and ultimately decided on something else. Some are still considering it.

Why would others opinions even matter to you? Now that seems like a waste of time,

Bagua

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Deal breaker, if our TV's had this issue we would return them for an exchange for a unit that didn't have the issue or buy a different brand.
Just my view or opinion on the matter.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
That's just silly. We're all smartphone fans here, and discuss every phone released. Why wouldn't we? The Pixel is a phone a lot of us considered, and ultimately decided on something else. Some are still considering it.

Why would others opinions even matter to you? Now that seems like a waste of time,

Discussing something is fine, bashing something I don't own is entirely different. I don't like Samsung phones for a number of reasons, but I've never gone on any site to tell people what to do with their own money and share everything I think is wrong with their personal decision. If they're happy, then I'm happy for them.

I'm sure some people are disappointed, but that happens in life. No need to continue to criticize a phone ad nauseam. I get some people want to justify trolling under the guise of "discussion", but call it what it is... bashing. Some of these posts pose no other purpose but to be negative. Is that what's considered discussion now?

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

...because we have to wade through all the negativity....

Let's pretend the issues aren't real so that my purchase is justified.

It's fine if the LG display problems don't bother you. That doesn't mean it's a perfect device.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
...because we have to wade through all the negativity....

Let's pretend the issues aren't real so that my purchase is justified.

It's fine if the LG display problems don't bother you. That doesn't mean it's a perfect device.

Nope. I defend nothing falsely. If I were actually unhappy I would return it.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
But you're defending your device. That's fine. Just because your phone is acceptable to you doesn't mean the problems are acceptable to others.

I don't use anything that's "acceptable". I would return it if it were simply "acceptable". I, and many others, find it exceptional. But that's just coming from people that actually own it and use it daily....not people that just read/watched reviews. So what do we know?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't use anything that's "acceptable". I would return it if it were simply "acceptable". I, and many others, find it exceptional. But that's just coming from people that actually own it and use it daily....not people that just read/watched reviews. So what do we know?

That's fine that it's acceptable to you. If you aren't experiencing the issues that others are experiencing, that's still ok. You can dismiss them if you want. That still doesn't mean the issues don't exist when it's clearly documented that they do.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Discussing something is fine, bashing something I don't own is entirely different. I don't like Samsung phones for a number of reasons, but I've never gone on any site to tell people what to do with their own money and share everything I think is wrong with their personal decision. If they're happy, then I'm happy for them.

I'm sure some of people are disappointed, but that happens in life. No need to continue to criticize phone ad nauseam. I get some people want to justify trolling under the guise of "discussion", but call it what it is... bashing. Some of these posts pose no other purpose but to be negative. Is that what's considered discussion now?

Please show where I “bashed” the Pixel, or called out anything other than the phone’s polarizing screen. I actually praised other aspects of the phone, yet that was ignored. I wonder why? lol

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Please show where I “bashed” the Pixel, or called out anything other than the phone’s polarizing screen. I actually praised other aspects of the phone, yet that was ignored. I wonder why? lol

I never said you did. Not sure where you see I'm addressing you specifically regarding your opinion about the device. I was responding to your post that said, "I think the whole “do you own the phone” thing is lame. Do you own every phone you criticize? I think not."

May 3, 2015
Visit site
That's fine that it's acceptable to you. If you aren't experiencing the issues that others are experiencing, that's still ok. You can dismiss them if you want. That still doesn't mean the issues don't exist when it's clearly documented that they do.

Again, do you own one and use it daily?

Status
Not open for further replies.