Screen locking and going to bright white????

Snyd28

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So I've had my Fascinate since October. It is running ED03. About a week ago I started having trouble with the screen. It would become non-responsive and would start getting brighter and brighter, eventually becoming a solid bright white. There is no rhyme or reason. No one specific task I was performing when it happens. Usually it was while typing a text, but sometimes the phone was doing nothing. The only cure was a battery pull. A few times it started itself back up in safe mode. It happened once a day, then twice a day, and so on. I took it in and Verizon ordered me a refurb replacement. I've had the replacement for about 24 hours now and the refurb has done the same thing twice now. Took it back to the store and here's the new explanation...

They are now blaming it on a bad SD Card. I currently do not have the SD Card mounted and have not had any issues in the 6 hours since visiting the store. But since there was no pattern before this does not mean anything.

Thoughts? Does this seem like a reasonable explanation? The SD Card is fully accessible both through the phone and using a card reader on my home PC. Just wondering what everyone thought....

Snyd28

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Bump and an update. Phone did the same lock-up and screen fading to bright white with no SD card installed. Looks like its gonna be refurb #2 in a week....

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Bump and an update. Phone did the same lock-up and screen fading to bright white with no SD card installed. Looks like its gonna be refurb #2 in a week....

I'm in no way trying to push you away from the fascinate with this remark, but put up a fight... make them take care of you the way they should even if it means them offering you to switch to a different device. I read a lot of reports of people getting sent "crappy" refurbs and continueing to have various problems. I just say this to help you avoid the same problems, but the fascinate is a great device and I sure hope you have better luck if you get another! I haven't heard of that happening before, but it definitely sounds like a serious hardware issue with the phone itself, I've never heard of an SDcard causing something like that.. Almost seems absurd!

Snyd28

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I was almost insulted when she said that it was the SD card....

I plan to put up quite a fight. I do love the phone. This screen is what sold me over an incredible at the time. But I use my phone extensively for work and I need it to be reliable. As it is my SMS is less than reliable (I don't recieve messages more often than I would like) and having to pull the battery all the time is too much. I will be taking this refurb in tomorrow to see what they have to say...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanidnb