Seems To Be Overheating And Not Able To Hold A Charge

maybachgurl

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi. This issue started three days ago. Bought this tablet brand new back in late February and it has been working pristine till three days ago. We have been having some humid 80F+ days here and my tablet will state it is fully charged and turn on to the home screen and then turn off and not boot up past the 'x' and will cycle through this twice or three times and then turn off. So I have plugged in the charger and it will show the battery icon completely empty. I have a theory that the it overheats and it drains the battery. Idk, could be wrong. Is this going to be a permenant thing till the end of summer? Is this a common thing with these tablets? I have the 32GB one. I have no warranty on it and it is not possible to return it. It will really suck that I won't be able to use it till the end of the summer. Or is there a way to remedy this? Thanks so much in advance.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused,if you bought the device Brand New in February then you should still have the google/manufacturer warranty. Why do you believe you don't?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused,if you bought the device Brand New in February then you should still have the google/manufacturer warranty. Why do you believe you don't?

My only thoughts would be that it was bought used, or it is stolen. I will assume the former.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi. This issue started three days ago. Bought this tablet brand new back in late February and it has been working pristine till three days ago. We have been having some humid 80F+ days here and my tablet will state it is fully charged and turn on to the home screen and then turn off and not boot up past the 'x' and will cycle through this twice or three times and then turn off. So I have plugged in the charger and it will show the battery icon completely empty. I have a theory that the it overheats and it drains the battery. Idk, could be wrong. Is this going to be a permenant thing till the end of summer? Is this a common thing with these tablets? I have the 32GB one. I have no warranty on it and it is not possible to return it. It will really suck that I won't be able to use it till the end of the summer. Or is there a way to remedy this? Thanks so much in advance.

Sounds more like an application issue. Have you installed any apps lately. As a last resort backup the unit and do a factory reset.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin_Markov