Seidio Surface Case with Holster G-Nex - Review and Pics

foug

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
i bought the seidio surface case for the extended battery gnex and it doesn't fit 100% snug, the right side is loose and if you press on it makes that creeking plastic sound, should i send it back?

Coleus

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
i bought the seidio surface case for the extended battery gnex and it doesn't fit 100% snug, the right side is loose and if you press on it makes that creeking plastic sound, should i send it back?
I would send it back. Darn, I really wanted this case.

jayrod1980

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Any of you that have this case... after having it on for a couple weeks, can to take it off and examine it for scratches? Some of these surface case designs scratch up your bezel and corners. I loved the feel of the case but I'm not paying 50 bucks to get a case that scratches a 600 dollar phone.

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

I would send it back. I had the case for the stock battery and had same problem. They sent me a new case and it fit much better

I also bought the case for the extended after deciding to get the extended battery and that thing fits like a glove. Much more pleased with the case for extended battery

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry this is a bit late, but here are some pics of my surface extended case. I guess I got lucky. I have no fit issues with it.

Mthr1

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
For anyone interested in seeing what the Seidio 3800 Extended Surface Case and holster combo looks like, I just posted a new thread with tons of pics comparing it against Otterbox Commuter and stock Seidio Surface case combos.

GNex + 3800 Battery/Door + Seidio Extended Surface Case Combo

I would love to see the Seidio 2100 Extended Surface case in hand. It looks like Seidio has all of it's bases covered now for all battery options. Too bad Otterbox isn't as accommodating. :p

Topplayer

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Using the Otterbox Commuter, no...it is not possible. I have not tried this method with the Seidio Surface case, but I imagine it would have similar results.

On a more pressing note, why would you want to holster your phone this way? The obvious idea is to have the screen face inside the holster as to protect the screen from external harm. I'm sure you have your own reasons.

I'm just curious to what they may be. ;)

I want to be able to use a spare holster as a car dock.I got an extra holster for my otter box and it works prefect I would like to do the same.I use nfc tags to make it go car dock mode

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I want to be able to use a spare holster as a car dock.I got an extra holster for my otter box and it works prefect I would like to do the same.I use nfc tags to make it go car dock mode

That's an interesting thought. I've been trying to figure out a solution for car mount without having to take the phone out of the case each time I get into the car too. My thought was to use the Exomount clip which could hold most any case for the Galaxy Nexus. Still have to plug in the wire in a two step process though unlike the made for mythical made for Nexus vehicle mount utilizing the 3 contact points.

Exomount1.jpg

EXOGEAR ExoMount - Car Mount for iPhone, Smartphones

I like your idea of using NFC tabs to get it to go into car mode. I hear Sony is coming out with some soon.

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
The tags are cheap like 1 buck each that mount looks good I doubt you could put a nfc tag on it.do you think it works with the otter box?

I think you could put an NFC chip on it. The stickers are about the size of a quarter, I'd probably stick it to the inside of the upper arm. The part that holds the phone is a big clip, I can't imagine what kind of case for the Galaxy Nexus it couldn't grab onto. I ordered some NFC stickers and a Seidio Surface case for this mount. I'll let you know how it works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000