Share the leaked Froyo goodness HERE

nmyeti

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I heard that 2.2 will support Exchange that requires a PIN number for extra security. Can anyone verify this for me? I'm debating on whether or not to purchase TouchDown or just wait until I'm able to upgrade to 2.2.

The exchange support in 2.2 is much better. You have the choice of a password/pin. You can set a time-out for the password/pin so that you won't have to put the pin in every time your screen shuts off. You can also set some time based sync rules. I have mine setup to receive push notification between a given set of hours and then sync every 4 hours after that. ActiveSync also seems to recover from sync errors much better in 2.2 so i don't have to manually deleate the account and re-add it to recover from a ActiveSync error.

With that said, the leak does have a few bugs here and there and it may be worth waiting for the official release. I actually have a new phone on the way because of some camera related issues that i was hoping 2.2 would fix. I'll probably wait until the official OTA hits before upgrading this time around.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
The exchange support in 2.2 is much better. You have the choice of a password/pin. You can set a time-out for the password/pin so that you won't have to put the pin in every time your screen shuts off. You can also set some time based sync rules. I have mine setup to receive push notification between a given set of hours and then sync every 4 hours after that. ActiveSync also seems to recover from sync errors much better in 2.2 so i don't have to manually deleate the account and re-add it to recover from a ActiveSync error.

With that said, the leak does have a few bugs here and there and it may be worth waiting for the official release. I actually have a new phone on the way because of some camera related issues that i was hoping 2.2 would fix. I'll probably wait until the official OTA hits before upgrading this time around.

Do you know if LockPicker works to disable the pin/pass requirement?

nuke3ae

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I heard that 2.2 will support Exchange that requires a PIN number for extra security. Can anyone verify this for me? I'm debating on whether or not to purchase TouchDown or just wait until I'm able to upgrade to 2.2.

The htc mail app supports this in 2.1

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

jprice

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had a lot of trouble from it

-Battery life sucks before the update my extended battery would last about 6-7 hours on heavy usage now its about 3
-Phone storage disappears sometimes have to reboot before I can store anything on the phone.
-The screen lags sometimes when switching between horizontal and vertical views takes up to 30 seconds sometimes for it to switch
-GPS is spotty doesn't work half the time

santinelli

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

JDong217

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
So when Froyo is officially released and I download it, am I going to have to reinstall all my apps (including the paid ones)? Also, I'm running ADW.Launcher right now and really loving it. Am I going to be able to keep this with my current settings?

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
So when Froyo is officially released and I download it, am I going to have to reinstall all my apps (including the paid ones)? Also, I'm running ADW.Launcher right now and really loving it. Am I going to be able to keep this with my current settings?

The update will probably not delete all of your apps. It was noted that the EVO 4G update didn't. However, the link may be of interest if you are rooted.

This is just for everyone; thought I'd throw this out here in this thread as well:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=259143#post259143

JDong217

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not rooted if that helps. I don't care if I have to reconfigure my UI since it's kind of fun and I more or less know where everything goes. I just don't want to lose the apps that I bought, and there are a lot of them

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It is super great (Incredible) LOL
Seriously, works great, uninstalled the bloat software (amazon,skype,cityid,stocks,vz navigator)
Very fast n smooth even with animations all on!!!
Feels like a new phone all over again (yes even with tons of apps back on already)
flashlight app is cool and even has button to turn it on in camcorder
720p works great
face detection in camera
4 way reorientation!!!
lots of new widgets calendar,news,market,sync all, n more
sms and gmail apps are new and very cool to use now great new widgets too
appsharing app
system settings are improved with lots new features
manage apps looks more like real explorer now and easy to use
battery life is lots better
new market look n autoupdate
still playin with it and sure I will find more little details
Overall I like very much and still have Root! All good here.......

You sure about that root thing?

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.

ohboyscott

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not rooted if that helps. I don't care if I have to reconfigure my UI since it's kind of fun and I more or less know where everything goes. I just don't want to lose the apps that I bought, and there are a lot of them

Those paid apps are permanently attached to your google account--they will always be there for redownload

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

ADW has a backup option to save your screen layouts that will save to your sdcard then after you upgrade to 2.2 you can just restore you ADW settings. I used and it works perfect.