Share the leaked Froyo goodness HERE

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
For those who installed the leaked Froyo w/ Sense Update... Please let us live vicariously through you... share the goodness here. What's better, what are the new widgets like, what's the experience like, how is the performance. How does it suck more!

Tell us please!

shoman24v

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I like it.

Still the security unlock is broken. You shouldn't have to go to the sense unlock to get to the security unlock

App to SD is nice, if the app supports it.

HTC added a flashlight app for the LEDs

Nexus live wallpaper is stock

Widgets for WiFi, BT, Profile, etc. now all have color.

SMS app still is chuggy and ****ty.

The take out the 3D view of all apps, why who the **** knows. That is COOL.

I have 720p, but haven't tested it.

Last edited:

Genious#AC

May 6, 2010
Visit site
It's very nice, not alot of big changes but i'm constantly finding very small ones that i like.

only down side is it came with a bunch of crapware that i cant seem to remove without making a new partition, i thought once rooted you could use a root explorer to delete stock apps.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I just did it....and I ran Linpack and Quadrant before and after...

Linpack (2.1)
device2-1.png

Linpack (2.2 leaked)
device3.png

Quadrant (2.1)
device-2.png

Quadrant (2.2 leaked)
device4.png

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The take out the 3D view of all apps, why who the **** knows. That is COOL.

What do you mean?

If any one has any answers to the following questions that would be great:

Any one know if the amazon mp3 store is preloaded on the phone?

Voice dialing work over blue tooth now? Do blue tooth devices connect better in general?

Was voice recognition improved in any way when trying to call some one or doing a google search?

Last edited:

fbords

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm also curious about the new hotspot feature and battery life. any advantages of using the native hotspot feature over the rooted option (i.e. barnacle,etc)? Can you still get away with using it on an unlimited data plan?

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean?

If any one has any answers to the following questions that would be great:

Any one know if the amazon mp3 store is preloaded on the phone?

Voice dialing work over blue tooth now? Do blue tooth devices connect better in general?

Was voice recognition improved in any way when trying to call some one or doing a google search?

Amazon MP3 Store is preloaded. I'm not sure about bluetooth, sorry. I haven't ever had a problem with the voice recognition in the past, so I'm not sure about this one, either.

what about adobe flash does it have it?

You download it from the market; Search for 'Adobe Flash 10.1 Beta' and it'll be right there. It works well.
I'm also curious about the new hotspot feature and battery life. any advantages of using the native hotspot feature over the rooted option (i.e. barnacle,etc)? Can you still get away with using it on an unlimited data plan?

The included WiFi tether costs extra, so I'll be using the root options either way.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
the only problem I've come across so far with the new leaked FroYo is that it appends a 0 in the body of any emails I compose in Gmail

Josh467

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Can't turn off the alarm clock or make it snooze. Requires a complete shutdown of the phone to get the f***n alarm clock to shut up. Deal breaker!!!! ..... Not!!!!!