Share the leaked Froyo goodness HERE

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Man I'm really happy for you guys who already have it. Sounds like a nice upgrade. Can't wait to give it a try in a week or so when I get home!

Sent from my phone, indeed!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Man I'm really happy for you guys who already have it. Sounds like a nice upgrade. Can't wait to give it a try in a week or so when I get home!

Sent from my phone, indeed!

In a week or so you'll likely be able to download it from VZW over the air! ;)

jland22

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
So I am assuming everyone here with the leaked update is running sense? I have been growing quite fond of ProLauncher and was wondering if it worked with the FROYO update?

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
The most annoying thing about the Froyo Leak it the stupid "Droid" sound it makes when you boot up the phone. There has to be a way to turn off the sound.

Notes:

Support for 4 way reorientation.

Some new HTC Sense Widgets.

Video LED light control

News and Weather App

App Sharing App (sends Market link via email/sms)

VZ Navigator pre-installed, why?

They included a stupid HTC photo viewer rather than the cool Gallery App with cool 3D effects.

What new sense widgets??

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
so now we have this update we wont get one from VZW over the air if its not the exact samething?

Who knows. If the final update is the exact same, then we won't get it. If it's not, who knows what happens. I'm sure the XDA geniuses will concoct something to help us out.

Just wait and see ;)

santinelli

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
So I am assuming everyone here with the leaked update is running sense? I have been growing quite fond of ProLauncher and was wondering if it worked with the FROYO update?

Only for about an hour... :) Then I went back to Launcher Pro... Sense STILL does not go Landscape, so it is useless on my motorcycle, (And now the car with my new windshield mount).

Launcher Pro works GREAT with it though and seems to be running a bit faster. Everything seems a bit faster, but then again, I had a TON of apps, and only a handful now. :)

jgwebber

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So far so good for me I got a linpack score from 37-40 consistently cant wait to see what happens when I can get an over-clocked kernel on this thing

izzyncade

Master of the Universe
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I love the update, however; I let the phone die today in trying to calibrate the 3500 seido brick I put on the phone, and when I restarted the phone, all of my settings on the 7 screens had either changed or disappeared... I am hoping this was a one time thing....

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just got it all loaded up. So far, no real difference...but I know there are more toys in the box that are begging to be played with.

chicubfan08

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Rooted and loving it. Missing my redboxer and MLB AT BAT. Dev must not have running on 2.2 yet. :( I NEED HELP WITH REMOVING CRAP APPS! I have tried root explorer and rm through adb shell and they don't work. The apps always reappear after reboot! PLEASE SOMEONE! Metal1 I see you removed them. Phone seems faster. Gmail issue is weird but I already fixed that. chicubfan08@gmail.com if someone wants to gtalk me for helpful hints. Thanks! :)

theaustins513

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
It's very nice, not alot of big changes but i'm constantly finding very small ones that i like.

only down side is it came with a bunch of crapware that i cant seem to remove without making a new partition, i thought once rooted you could use a root explorer to delete stock apps.

Since using unrevoked3, once the rom is flashed you can use adb shell to remove the apps. I have successfully removed cityid, vz nav, and teeter.

The gmail version 2.2.1 has a bug in it that can be resolved with a gmail fix from xda-developers.

Everything else is great except some paid for apps are not recognized in the market yet because it's not the official release.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Loaded Froyo last night. Got rid of CityID, VVM, MyVerizon, Flickr, VZ Nav. Downloaded and installed all my apps from the market except Sky Map, which wouldn't install for some reason. Added wireless tether app and tested. Works well. So far I like Froyo a lot. Many small tweaks that enhance usability.

When I have a Storm 9530 I would lurk on CrackBerry waiting for a leaked OS. This brings back memories.

Only these aren't bad. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174