Should the 6p be the last Nexus brand phone

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I feel as though from a naming or marketing standpoint, possibly, only because for the times that people ask me what kind of phone do I have I have to say Nexus phone I usually say I just have a Google phone because no one understands what the Nexus brand name actually means unless you're into Tech or a geek. I mean, let's be honest here. I mean don't get me wrong, I love the Nexus name just like everyone else here does but still.

When people ask what it is, I say "Google Nexus". If

thrilla23

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
If this is a step forward for Google in creating a comprehensive Google experience device, then I'm all for it. Imagine if Google puts out a "gPhone" that has inbox, drive, duo, allo, youtube, etc. etc. as the native applications and THEN you get updates directly from the carrier like you would a nexus device along with the build quality of an iPhone. That sounds like an attractive purchase.

What I'm hoping Google doesn't do is buckle to carrier demands and allow them to add their layer of device bloatware on top of the current version of Android. That would just sink the ship for me.

Oh wells, makes me really happy for my Nexus 6P purchase. A device that is still going strong after 8+ months.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
If this is a step forward for Google in creating a comprehensive Google experience device, then I'm all for it. Imagine if Google puts out a "gPhone" that has inbox, drive, duo, allo, youtube, etc. etc. as the native applications and THEN you get updates directly from the carrier like you would a nexus device along with the build quality of an iPhone. That sounds like an attractive purchase.

What I'm hoping Google doesn't do is buckle to carrier demands and allow them to add their layer of device bloatware on top of the current version of Android. That would just sink the ship for me.

Oh wells, makes me really happy for my Nexus 6P purchase. A device that is still going strong after 8+ months.

I want a Pixel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred