Shut off problems.... AGAIN??!!

JanDot

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
The last few weeks my phone has randomly shut down in standby mode, while the battery is in the 80% power range. This problem did not surface until recently. Started happening before I installed the gingerbread update, and has happened afterwards too.

I know there was a known problem with older phones- I switched out my 1st captivate about one year ago for the very same problem (but was when my battery was in the 60% range). My current phone has had no issues until the last few weeks-- Anyone else developed a recent problem? :-\

G.murph

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My phone started having the same problem right after the gingerbread update. I'm no longer under warranty and at&t has no obligation to fix errors they consider software, only hardware, so now I'm kind of stuck unless I want to buy a new phone.

gtaber

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
There is an app that will fix that for the most part, called Captivate Keep Alive. I got the pro version, and has worked well for me. I got my Captivate used for $50 with no warranty about a year ago, and have no service on it, I use it as a 4" WiFi tablet. Might be worth a try since you have no warranty. It's on google market.

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I purchased my phone 12/12 2010. For about 3 months almost every other night, my phone would be shut down when I slept...once I put the CAPTIVATE STAY ALIVE program on, never did it again.......

selenay1

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the info my phone has been shutting off since i got the gingerbread update and its driving me crazy i will try the captivate keep alive if it will stay on long enough to download it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao