Since ICS upgrade, battery draining 3%/hr while idling

KRoberts

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I notice that one of my two batteries is not as strong. I have a new job and can actually use my phone, streaming music and bookface at lunch. I'm having to change out batteries at around two pm.

Sent from The Dark Side

codycorexxx

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
My battery life was horrid on ICS... Once I moved on I gave the old SII to my old man, to get him away from WP7 and into the Android world. He travels a lot and is always on the phone, I ended up going back to 2.3.4 for him haha. I was so worried about him experiencing bad battery life. Though, he won't be flashing ROMs I might put ICS on the phone for him, since he won't be flashing battery life would slowly get better sticking with just one ROM and kernel combination.

scottwood2

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have done a few things that have greatly improved battery life. I uninstalled software for monitoring the battery and dimmed the screen down a little. This helped quite a bit. I also noticed that after I did the last update of my programs my drain went down even farther. Last night after being off of charge for more than 12 hours I still had 78% charge left (that is with the new extended battery).

Today is a little worse with about 70% left after 78 hours. I am at work and it is hard to get a cell phone siginal here. I think the looking for the radio signals takes more signals

I hope that this is fixed now.

gmfirebird

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
When I upgraded my phone I was having similar battery issues, but then I read on another forum to do a hard reset. I did that and it took care of the issue.

glenndm

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Since Ics on a I9100, whenever the messaging app is active, the battery drains rapidly.
If I forget to kill the process after reading an sms, the battery is empty after a few hours in standby
Without that process active, a charge will normally last a few days.
(gps,bluetooth are disabled)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001