Since Samsung WON'T fix the Mac sync problem

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i really question if it is all samsung, because the kernel must be altered for verizon and after this there is not much to do without doing major updates.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I would love to root too, but since the last update I can't get the iMac to recognize my fascinate. When trying to root per this link this is the message I get in the terminal:

christopher-faubels-macbook-2:tools faubelgobble$ ./adb push su /sdcard/su
cannot stat 'su': No such file or directory

I've been searching these forums, but can't find out what to do. Anyone know?

can you please post this question in the root thread. ill help you there

amaskell12

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Fascinate-Mac from VW to Samsung Support

Hey guys, i understand other folks are having issues with connecting their fascinate to the mac. Ive spent over two hours this evening on the phone with 4 different levels of VW Tech Support, they finally transfer me to the Samsung Support...

From here, she cant help, so im supposed to call back tomorrow to their Level 3 support. My god! Obviously this is not going to get fixed, am I in a situation where I can ask for a new phone model or refund? I'm ready to move on from the fascinate...

Any ideas?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, i understand other folks are having issues with connecting their fascinate to the mac. Ive spent over two hours this evening on the phone with 4 different levels of VW Tech Support, they finally transfer me to the Samsung Support...

From here, she cant help, so im supposed to call back tomorrow to their Level 3 support. My god! Obviously this is not going to get fixed, am I in a situation where I can ask for a new phone model or refund? I'm ready to move on from the fascinate...

Any ideas?

At this point i would just say get an iphone, i mean we def know you wont have problems connecting with that.

amaskell12

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Would VW replace my fascinate with an iphone? I dont understand why VW has got me talking to Samsung now...I dont want a replacement because i will just end back up at square one with the updates.

Mindgrind

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is notorious with the lack of Mac support for their MP3 players as well. South Korea doesn't have a lot of Macs, so they bypass it a lot. I must be post-updates because I've NEVER been able to sync with my Macbook along with others.

You could try this (and you may have already): initially transfer your music/photos using the SD adapter. Once you've done that, just get a free bluetooth app and do smaller transfers via your Mac's bluetooth. Very easy to do.

It's not horrible, albeit not that fast either, for say an album you just purchased and then want to transfer to your phone.

Or like others say, go with the iPhone offer- although I sure am enjoying MixZing along with you and an actual EQ I can adjust. I understand and share your pain!

Reactions: Townie33

ls5012

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have had a similar experience with Samsung. I also have a mac & it wont' sync with the phone. Also spoke to a high level samsung tech supervisor last week. I was told that there is "supposedly" a software patch coming out to make the phone able to connect with the mac. In fact , she told me that she has the same problem with synching with her mac. But do believe it? He__ No!! Just like we are getting Froyo. Yeah , never. I have tried every method of rooting, but nothing has worked. I have been thinking of fighting for a different phone, but I am tryig to hold out for the iphone 5 or comparative android model. I am soooooooo Frustrated! It's a shame because the phone itself is ok.

Reactions: Townie33

amaskell12

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with Samsung "Level 3 Support" twice, whatever that means, anyways, I was told the first time there is nothing they can do since they only fix devices and send off to carriers. Second time, I was told there is no plan for an update to fix this issue and they have "no idea" when the froyo release will be. I was told VW has no set date to release it...we all know what that means.

Afterwards, I spoke with the upper Verizon tech support, they cant offer me the iphone, and they make no exceptions to switch to it. My only offer was a refurb droid incredible or droid x, since this is similar to the fascinate. thats it and set in stone. Looks like the mac problem will never be fixed...yay

Townie33

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the "thoughts" posted! Some great stuff.

Since Verizon has NOT contacted me like they promised I need to make another play and see where it takes me.

Thanks again for all your helpful comments.

newBjo3

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
This is from another Thread, posted by poodlecrazy4. BTW, nice work on this. It IS fail safe. Works every time on the Mac. It's a bit of a pain in the A**, as plugging your phone into your computer should be a simple task.

After you plug in the phone and these messages come across the status bar, swipe down on the screen and select "USB Connected" "Select to copy files to/from your computer."
Then select "Mount" when the blue USB connected message pops up.
Wait a few minutes until you get the "Disk you inserted was not readable" error, select "Ignore".

At this point, just to be sure, open "Disk Utility" on your Mac, you should see an entry for "Samsung SCH -I500. Select it and then hit "Info". Look at the Disk Identifier, it should say disk1 or some other number. Remember the number.
Open your computer's terminal (in utilities folder).

If it is disk1 just type "gpt show /dev/disk1" without quotes into Terminal. If it is disk2 or another number just change the 1 to whatever number yours happens to be.

When you have that copied in Terminal, look back at your phone and "Turn off USB Storage."

Select "Turn off" on the blue message that pops up, wait a few seconds and the "USB connected" "select to copy files" message comes back on your phone.

Select it and "mount" again. Allow the status bar to cycle through the USB connection sign, Then bring up your Terminal and hit enter to run the command. You should get something like this,

start size index contents
0 1 MBR
1 128
129 30904191 1 MBR part 12

You should see your phone as a disk pop up on your Mac desktop. That is your SD card. Unmounting the phone is the same as before the update hiccup.

ls5012

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Guess what, it's like my mac learned about this method. Doesn't work for me anymore. If it works for you, get all you can out of it!!

Hyperbomb

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Today I was on the phone with a Samsung "Level 3" representative and he told me that the Mac syncing issue was due to the last update that was pushed through Verizon's OTA update system. He also stated that they were currently working on a fix for it, but it won't be pushed through until the next scheduled maintenance update....hooray?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia