SM-G900V updated, now battery life is TERRIBLE.

A

AC Question

Hello all,

I have an SM-G900V and about three days ago, I received an apparent security update. Since then, my battery life has been laughably poor. I'm talking full charge to 5% within 4 hours, without even using the phone. I've tried a cache partition wipe, which did not solve my issue but did fix a few usability issues I was having. I looked in to flashing down to 4.4.2 and rooting, because I have always wanted to, but I have found after some research that Verizon has done a good job of locking out any attempt to do this.

I'm sort of at my wits end here with this issue. Before this update, my phone never had battery issues, and I always got at least a full day out of the phone before I needed to charge or swap batteries.

I use Anker brand batteries, rated to the same 1,8xxMah as the factory battery, which I purchased around 4 months ago. So, unless two batteries failed at literally the exact same time, I don't see how that could be my issue.

If anyone has any tips or guidance about how I can fix this, please let me know.

Thanks

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
And can you post a screenshot of the battery stats after the 4 hours discharge? Let's see what's eating up that battery....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leopeva64