[Solved] Nexus 4 won't turn on or charge

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It does happen a lot sometimes. I usually just reflash or reboot.

- Android Central App. N'oublions jamais l'Australie, Villers-Bretonneux.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I edited the first post in this thread to include a YouTube video made by Parris from Epic Reviews. His video is very similar to what I did to fix my Nexus 4. You should start watching at the 2:40 mark to get to the relevant portion of the video. Also, I didn't need to do a factory reset. Selecting the option to Start fixed the phone in my situation.

ballzac

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
logged in to say thanks OP! i got the red flashing light thing as well but this in fact fixed the issue, never happened to me befor. I tried to turn on my phone this morning and started to panic when it wouldnt turn on :D

shmargin

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks OP, got home today with a dead phone, plugged it in to charge, hours later, went to turn it on, nothing. I literally have a tab open right now where I was looking at buying a replacement phone since I figured I managed to destroy mine at work. Held volume down + power, plugged in cable, and viola. I didn't get any type of boot screen, just my indicator light flashing red, then it started charging, but still, thanks man. I was ready to buy a cheap Chinese import to cover my loss.

Aly Polchak

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
have just completed this process to revive my phone. complete battery drain and auto shut off. after holding the buttons and inserting the usb; there was no red led light patterns, however, a small "text box" appeared that says 'download mode - do not unplug until the process is complete'

thoughts?!
is this bad? is this ok? should i unplug?

HELP!!:confused:

Kathy Franklin

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
THANK YOU. Why do these phones do this? It was fully charged! I thought it was bricked or going to have to go in on warranty and was not looking forward to AWD (Android withdrawals).

ssawyer08

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Solved - Nexus 4 Won't Turn On or Charge

Thank you sooo much for posting this. I tried everything else and was feeling hopeless, and then this worked!!!!

JakeSonYu

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
i tried holding 15 + plug in USB to outlet and computer
i tried holding it for 60 sec + USB
i tried holding it for 5 minute.

I'm not getting any light/screen/icon at all. My phone doesnt even budge at all and i'm considering sending it to google b4 my warranty runs out in 2 weeks. Do u think my phone has no hope?

Matthew Keeley

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok well i checked the dates and looks like people are keeping up on this thread. so far i've been through about 20 attempts at all the above mentioned procedures.
What had happened in my situation is this.
i started my day with about 20% battery life (this was yesterday) i got to my office and plugged it into my laptop for about an hour and a half, this where my phone started acting funny.... i was using my gps and im sure a few other background programs, and when i would tap the power button to lock my phone it would go dark like it supposed to but then wouldn't spring back to life after tapping it again, however if i were to plug it into a charger (my car charger which is verizon same as my phone.) the screen would come back and it would work fine until i had tapped the power button again to lock it.
Later on that day it died and of course wouldn't turn back on. so here i am now. One of the cords i am using is a usb cable when i plug that one into either my pc/laptop/wall adapter the same thing happens which is, I get the white battery with the lightning Bolt which then changes to just a solid white battery, fades to black, and continues in this rotation.

so after my failed attempts with this cord i took it to a verizon store the same one where i had purchased the phone, they had a charger there, he plugged it in and held the buttons down and got the green android screen with a big START button and an arrow pointing towards the power button, under the android dude it said downloading it dd NOT allow us to select any options even the start thingy that was there. I didnt want to waste anymore of their time so i bought the same exact charger they were using (brand new though DUH!).

so what happens when i use my brand new charger? well i ONLY get the solid white battery with a BLack background for about a half a second then it fades to black and doesn't show a battery of any sort until i unplug and re-plug.

i'm lost frustrated and miserable am i doing the steps wrong? should i let it charge for a longer time? oh and i'm getting no LED light what so ever.

Please help me I really need this phone for work.

square_wave

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I have had a similar issue to many of the people in this thread except for one key difference. Once I get into the bootloader, I am able to use the volume rocker to change to the different options but only while still holding down the power button. If I lift my finger off the power button for whatever reason, the phone freeze (or won't accept input from the rocker buttons) and I have to disconnect the battery to try again.

I am at a complete loss.

rajesh bonangi

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
It Video is helps us great. In my phone after Hardware recovery done, it showing as google for 5sec after that no response. is anybody face the same issue? any help?

reinbukog

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Solved - Nexus 4 Won't Turn On or Charge

thank you so much..my n4 got saved :)

what i did:
1. plugged the phone charger first to wall outlet to ready the charger ( don't insert the micro usb to the phone yet)
2. held down the volume down + power buttons simultaneously for 15 seconds
3. inserted the micro usb to the phone

my phone went to life..lol :D

bjstone1956

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your post. I thought the phone was gone for good. I didn't get the green android but blinking red light. So glad I found your post

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz