[Solved] Nexus 4 won't turn on or charge

speedybeaker

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Solved - Nexus 4 Won't Turn On or Charge

can post a video of how you did it mine won't even turn on do the flashing lights or show the green guy, i don't have the warranty and would just like to no what i'm doing wrong.

Yash Baid

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

Thanks so much for this.
I just managed to restart my phone by following the instructions you posted.
FYI, you can keep the phone on charge even before you press the power and vol down keys.

Thanks again,
Yash

bianca89

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

OMG!!! it totally worked!!!!!! Thanks a ton @Scott7217 for putting up this thread...you are a life savior :) :) :)

junaid khan8

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I tried ur suggestions. i got the andriod logo and i selected the start option. Google logo appear and then gone and red light is blinking, what to do now ?? please help me

jhasty

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

When I woke this morning, my N7 was working and showing full battery. About an hour later I noticed it was powered off. Pressing the power button the Google logo appears and then the four dancing circles do their thing. But it will go no further. I have tried all the combinations I can find and nothing changes it. Phone is not rooted and in service for just 8 days.

Any ideas? Any updates being pushed on Sprint?

bhakti sharma

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey thank you for the steps.

I followed them and started it but my phone is stuck in the starting process i.e. the logo is forming on the screen only. It's npot going further. so basically not starting.

What shoudl i do? please help urgenltly

Sabrina Eckhausen

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey
After I talked to my mom over the phone she noticed that her N4 was shut down. She has tried to turn it on and nothing happened. I was looking at all of the comments and I have tried everything. Her phone was not short of battery or anything, but a week ago her N4's sound system did not work. We have no idea if there is a relation between that and the phone not turning on. Please is there anyone who can help? We would be so grateful! :)

Caleb Cross

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I tried every solution in this thread and I still couldn't get my device to turn on. I couldn't even get the led to blink. I called the Play store to get help and they pretty much told me the same thing in this thread and to try charging it for 24 hours. My warranty was up so I couldn't get it replaced. I finally was able to get my phone to turn on by opening it up and disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Just wanted to put this out here in case anybody was in the same boat as me.

Last edited:

Chandra Olsen

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much for this post. I was already planning to bring my phone to the bestbuy outlet to have it check. I was searching on my Nexus about recipes and put it on the table coz I need to do something when I came back and press the power botton it wont turn on just blank screen. I never drop it, so I was so worried. I try to search some info about nexus 4 and I came across your post..I tried your advice and after a few seconds my phone came to life......Thank you, thank you so much.

Matt_Carroll14

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
i've tried all the steps here and my phone wont turn on when i do the power and volume button and plug in charger my led just goes solid red and nothing happens my phone got to 0% battery last night i plugged it in to my charger when i got home like i normally would and when i woke up this morning it was still off and wouldnt power off so tried my dads charger he has an n4 too sill nothing so i tried it on my wireless charging orb still nothing so i came on here and tried all these suggestions still nothing any suggestions?

FunnHong1996

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

HELP! My nexus 4 recently suffered water damage and the power button went stiff and it stopped working. But I researched how to save my phone and put it in rice for 48 hours, and now it wont charge. When i plug my phone into the charger, i get one flash of red light but nothing comes up (no charging symbol etc.), can someone please help me? thanks a lot

Jan Bou

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Just followed the simple steps listed and it turned on and started charging...whoo hoo.Will let you know if it decides to maintain or not maintain this good progress!!!

Akash Ashok

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi Scott , thanks for the procedure ... i tried as suggested by you and other folks ... alas ! i was not able to switch on my Phone but landed up with a blown battery ... i ordered for one from ebay and fixed the battery hoping my phone would be fixed ! but the condition is the same ...
1.i hold power+volume down ...
2.i get options for start ...
3.i select start
4.I get google logo with charging symbol and that is it ... the whole process loops again :( :'(

since i opened the case i don't think google would appreciate my warranty ... could you assist me on this ?