Sprint LG G3 Lollipop Update : Discussion, Bugs, Tips & Complaints

skier2day

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I just got my lollipop update today! So far so good. I'm not going to comment on battery life yet since its still new. I haven't really had a chance to play around with it much today, but I'm going to check it out more when I get home.

Posted via the Android Central App

sblair1269

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
One other thing...immediately after updating, I received a text message from '8737' with a long string of numbers and letters. My phone number was also buried in the middle of it. Has anyone else received this and is it related to the update?

Got the same thing. Didn't open or read it. Just deleted. Have no clue what it was.

My G3 just kicked your S5 a$$

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Since the Lollipop update the other day, I can no longer receive MMS messages via wi-fi. If I disable the wi-fi and just use the cellular connection, the MMS comes through just fine. I looked through the options in Messenger but didn't find anything that would fix it. Any thoughts?

I had that problem a while back when I was using Google messenger and it sounded like a limitation on many messenger apps. I am using Textra now, which had settings that fix the problem. It's the "prefer Wi-Fi" toggle in the MMS settings.

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Try a few things.. These are just off the top of my head...

• Reboot
  • Open the battery cover and make sure the SIM card is properly seated (give it a little push)
  • Cross fingers :p

Very strange indeed... Let me know how things go.

OK, I shut it down, re-seated the SIM, kicked it back on, got the update to download. Between the shutdown and the re-seat, something worked. Thanks for the assist!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
OK, I shut it down, re-seated the SIM, kicked it back on, got the update to download. Between the shutdown and the re-seat, something worked. Thanks for the assist!
It really could of been the SIM since that is the identifier, etc between your device and Sprint and/or network (carrier). Weird for sure but at least it working :)

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Still having some issues with trusted devices not working. Battery life has been fine everything else other than the whole silent priority is goings good.

vastmandana

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Camera flash is no longer working...all other buttons are lit but flash and hitting it does nothing. I've cleared cache, rebooted several times...tried hdr app and same issue...flash is not accessible.

The "selfee" flash system (bright screen to light up ur face works fine. Flashlight led works fine.... hmmmm... I'll try disabling it and see if that frees up flash led access

Anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:

vastmandana

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok... maybe I never noticed before but when HDR is ON, flash is disabled, when hdr is off or set to auto, the flash button becomes active

Is this how it always was and I just didn't notice?

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello my fellow Sprint G3 user's! I have the updated Lollipop and so far it's been running smooth. I didn't do a factory wipe (yet) since the moderator "Paul627g" experience has been flowing smoothy without a reset so I copied the person. After the update, I did shutdown the phone, battery pull then started everything back up (just a piece of mind knowing it's on a fresh start).

So far, in my opinion. The update is smoother and newer skins is quite nice. Obviously there will be little quirks like the notification on lock screen, but that's something to get use to. I do hope they'll add a quick update shrinking down the new "back, home and task manager" buttons. I feel they're bigger then previous Kit-Kat buttons. The new drop notification drawer is nice, happy they included a scale bar for brightness and they removed their SPRINT tag from previously Kit-Kat notification too!

Overall. I'm happy! Waiting for the battery life to settle in more to see how that comes about. I'll update once I get a better feel for it.
Is there anything really new and "WOW!" factor that is in Lollipop I should know?

Cheers!
:):D:cool:

Bravfoe

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I had that problem a while back when I was using Google messenger and it sounded like a limitation on many messenger apps. I am using Textra now, which had settings that fix the problem. It's the "prefer Wi-Fi" toggle in the MMS settings.

Thanks very much. I'll check out that app.

Last edited:

heath51

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I got mine overnight Monday/Tuesday morning and I'm not sure about this update. I do notice that 's faster but my battery life is way below par. Don't care for the home buttons either. I almost wish I'd have never took this update. My biggest thing is the battery. At work, I can't really charge my phone in and out of my truck. I came from the S3 and that battery life was awful. I have kept up with this up update somewhat. I think if I had a choice, I'd go back to KK.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I got mine overnight Monday/Tuesday morning and I'm not sure about this update. I do notice that 's faster but my battery life is way below par. Don't care for the home buttons either. I almost wish I'd have never took this update. My biggest thing is the battery. At work, I can't really charge my phone in and out of my truck. I came from the S3 and that battery life was awful. I have kept up with this up update somewhat. I think if I had a choice, I'd go back to KK.
Give it another day or two.. Give it a bit of time to settle in. I'm finding it to be very comparable to KK.

likwidkool

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have a high battery drain from the sprint zone app under location? Never had this before. I just force stopped it, but wondering why its using so much GPS.

stomperxj

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
No. Now the notifications are displayed on the lockscreen similar fashion as your notification pull down shade. Not a huge fan either but thats Lollipop.

Seems about the same to me. Then again everyone's usage varies.

I don't mind them, just wish they were smaller. Only way to change that will be via rooting and custom ROMs or theme.

Not that I'm aware of.

Paul - Thanks for the replies.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Did they get rid of expandable notifications? I'm doing the two finger drag on email notifications, but nothing happens. Why would they take a step back on that...or am I missing some setting?

skel4877

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Did they get rid of expandable notifications? I'm doing the two finger drag on email notifications, but nothing happens. Why would they take a step back on that...or am I missing some setting?

Put your finger on it and pull down, its not two finger expandable anymore (If I'm mistaken i apologize)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter