Still no OTA

dchawk82

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I've rebooted countless times, tried the lte on/off trick and when I "check new" the window pops up for a few seconds and then disappears, still nothing. I'm running stock (surely launcherpro doesn't play into things, right?). Is anyone else in the same boat or have any suggestions?

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your issue... but I did want to say a launcher will not play into the OTA, I'm still using Go Launcher EX, before and after the OTA.

After you check does it come back with "Finish" at the top of a box, then "No New Software Update Available" and a Finish button, or does it just not come back? I just checked and the above is what I get, but I've already gotten the update.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't bother installing it right now. The new radio is causing random reboots for many people. I would wait until there's a fix for that first.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have not had one reboot since loading the updated software. Have you tried pulling the battery and sim card then pressing the power button down for 15 seconds then re install everything then try the update.

Pennyw1se

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I had to set my phone to CDMA Only (LTE OnOff) to get to 1X then checked for the update. If I didn't set it to 1X I would get the service error. It was slow (I assume. I left it downloading and then came back to it a while later) but it worked for me. Again, this was the only way I was able to get it to download.

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've rebooted countless times, tried the lte on/off trick and when I "check new" the window pops up for a few seconds and then disappears, still nothing. I'm running stock (surely launcherpro doesn't play into things, right?). Is anyone else in the same boat or have any suggestions?

be careful for what you wish for.... I couldn't get the update either yesterday and after reading about the random reboots - I don't think I want the update.

dchawk82

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your issue... but I did want to say a launcher will not play into the OTA, I'm still using Go Launcher EX, before and after the OTA.

After you check does it come back with "Finish" at the top of a box, then "No New Software Update Available" and a Finish button, or does it just not come back? I just checked and the above is what I get, but I've already gotten the update.

After I check it, it says "checking for new software available now" and then the box just disappears. There's no "finish" or "no new software update available," the box disappears and i'm back at the "software update" screen.

I guess I'll just give it some time since you all are reporting that for now I might be better off not updating. Thanks for the replies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord