Stock email app?

ReAp

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
For whatever reason I can't get the stock e-mail app to sync my G-mail account, unless I use the manual sync. It shows every 15 minutes (not thrilled with that either) but still won't do it. I really like the stock e-mail app with the gesture swipe too and just the general look of it. How can the g-mail app continuously sync and not this one? Should I delete the gmail app altogether and start over?

Data push is turned on for: my gmail account

Fetch Schedule is every 15 minutes but it shows for "no accounts" can't find an option that connects my account.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm giving the exchange option a try. Should work. Google says their server is m.Gmail.com if you wanted to try too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ReAp

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Posted on Motorola forums and this worked:

When you set up your Gmail account in the Email app did you start off by saying it was a Google account? If you did than can you try removing that account and add the account as an Email account instead of a Google account.

I have done this on my X2 and it works fine with push. I will try this on my Razr when I get it. I have also noticed that when the gmail account is set up as a Google account it doesn't go to my universal inbox. This is also corrected when the account is set up as an Email account and not as a Google account.

As far as getting a redundant second notification, just open the Gmail app and go into the settings and de-select the notification setting. That will stop the Gmail app from notifying you which will give you only one notification for your Gmail account. Hope this helps.

So in short, get rid of your gmail link and then resetup account but not under gmail, use the regular mail and just put gmail info with password, autosetup worked fine for me. Pushes immediately as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jameszang48