Stop phone from waking when headphones unplugged?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

1st phone I've had (Galaxy A20) where the screen comes on when headphones are unplugged. This is annoying cause I do this in my pocket without wanting to look at my phone and have a habit of never having had to do this. So the screen wakes in my pocket and apps start opening up settings change etc. Is there anyway to turn this off, or is this a firmware thing?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Samsung doesn't have pocket mode but they have Accidental Touch which is similar which might help some.

I suggest a couple of other things as well for pocket carry.

Carry the phone screen out. This may sound counterintuitive however the problem with pocket carry is the inside material is usually thin and any kind of perspirations can translate the skin on your leg into what a device would consider a touch. This will keep the phone awake and if unprotected open apps, change settings and drain the battery.

Carry charging and headphone jack port down. Gravity will help keep them clear.

Use a security screen lock. This will typically stop the random events you've described, apps opening, settings changing and minimize battery draining when used in conjunction with the others allows the screen to time out.

It takes some getting used to but the benefits outweigh the learning curve.

To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave replies please create an account. This link will help you do this... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana