Straight Talk apn settings for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3

Crystal Renoll

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Straight talk apn settings for at&t samsung galaxy s3

I just got off the phone with straight talk .
Their settings have changed again .

Name: STRAIGHT_TALK
APN tfdata
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410

hopeswifey39

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

I ordered a phone online. i got it off of ebay. it's brand new. and i believe its a samsung galaxy note (it was new from china).. i am able to get online, and i can send/receive phone calls and text messages. but i am not able to send/receive picture messages.. what exactly should the apn settings be? i tried to call straight talk, but they werent really much help....can anyone help me please.. im not very phone smart and im about to give up... its model number a7100

wiseonewill

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

I got a push from AT&T last night with a software update and now I can't get any data. I checked my settings and set them as listed below:
APN tfdata

But I still can't get data. I called Straight Talk and waited forever and was then disconnected while talking to support. It was clear he was clueless though. Had me restart the phone about 10 times and then check if I could get data.

Anyone else had this problem?

Jim Fennell

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Try this...
i JUST got off the phone with straight talk (took 5 minutes) I have been using ST for over a year, my Galaxy skyrocket puked, ordered a brand new unopened S3 -SGHi747 for ATT unlocked.

the settings they gave me and are 100% working are as follows:
APN settings samsung galaxy s3 (ATT unlocked)

Name=Straight Talk
APN=att.mvno
Proxy=proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port=80
MMSC=http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy=mms2.tracfone.com

are the ONLY changes i made. SAVE new APN, switch to new APN,reboot and WALA

I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE as i have been scouring the web for a couple hours, and had it partially working. then the APN dissapeared(weird).. decided to CALL THEM

as i said it took literally 5 minutes!! they need to update this info on the website, as what they have for ATT phone there is incorrect.

Lora Norris

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
:mad:

I have an unlocked at&t Inspire and the only settings that I can get to work for everything using Straight Talk are posted from Christy (comment #27)

APN: tfdata

Last edited by a moderator:

Axell Concepcion

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I will ask this so that if any of you can help me, I have a at&t home phone (contract) this uses a sim card, the equipment is having troubles, can I use this sim card in a cellphone? in a android one? I try to use it in a samsung galaxy 3 and ask me for the unblock code. Thanks for any help.

Caleb Gibbs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

I have tried this and I have the same phone and same straight talk network but the apn settings didn't work I have tried several settings but nothing I need help someone because I would like to use the Samsung galaxy s3
i JUST got off the phone with straight talk (took 5 minutes) I have been using ST for over a year, my Galaxy skyrocket puked, ordered a brand new unopened S3 -SGHi747 for ATT unlocked.

the settings they gave me and are 100% working are as follows:
APN settings samsung galaxy s3 (ATT unlocked)

Name=Straight Talk
APN=att.mvno
Proxy=proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port=80
MMSC=http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy=mms2.tracfone.com

are the ONLY changes i made. SAVE new APN, switch to new APN,reboot and WALA

I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE as i have been scouring the web for a couple hours, and had it partially working. then the APN dissapeared(weird).. decided to CALL THEM

as i said it took literally 5 minutes!! they need to update this info on the website, as what they have for ATT phone there is incorrect.

Crystal Renoll

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

I am having the same problem. My phone had a software update, and now it is saying that I can't send or receive pictures. My internet works, and my regular text messaging works but I can't send or receive pictures. It is pissing me off quite frankly.

spanky32354

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm having the same problem. I went in to view my apn settings and it won't let me open each one so that I can make changes.
I am having the same problem. My phone had a software update, and now it is saying that I can't send or receive pictures. My internet works, and my regular text messaging works but I can't send or receive pictures. It is pissing me off quite frankly.

auzzi1

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

i have an att samsung galaxy s3 that I am using on straight talk. I can make phone calls, send text, get on net, and have 4g service. It shows that i can send mms and receive them but they will not download or open the pic on my phone. I have tried every apn combo i could think of and I just cant get the mms to work right.
this is what my apn in now
apn= tfdata
proxy= proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
port=not set
username= not set
password = not set
server= not set
mmsc= http://mms-tf.net
mms proxy= mms3.tracfone,com
mms port- 80
mcc=310
mnc=410
authentcation type= not set
apn type= not set
bearer = unspecified

someone please help ST keeps telling me oh some phones just cant do mms. which i know this phone works fine since many of you on here have gotten it to work.. thanks again

so I finally got it to work with these settings
APN: tfdata

also an important not you need at least 3 bars of service to receive mms messages.

Last edited:

Amber White

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

does the s3 have to be unlocked?? i'm fixing to buy one from someone and don't wanna purchase it if it has to be unlocked. i wanna be able to put my sim card in, enter the info you gave, and use my phone..

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Amber,
You may want to be careful with your purchase - if it's a Verizon model (SCH-i535), you should give it a pass.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

drum002

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

Worked for me...Thank you very much for sharing!!

Well almost...I have 4g and internet now, but still can't send or receive mms messages. Getting closer I suppose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko