Strange pop-up on new S22 Ultra

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been getting this strange pop-up from Google asking for diagnostic data several times a day on my new S22 Ultra (see picture). I called Google and they didn't know. I have pop-ups turned off in Google. I deleted and reset up my Google Account and even factory reset the phone. The pop-up is showing up randomly. I'm hoping someone has seen this before on perhaps an S21 or other Android phone. When I set up the phone, I opted out of sending any diagnostic data to Google. Any ideas would be appreciated.Screenshot_20220219-125111_Google Play services.jpg

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Just at first glance is say something isn't compatible with the S22. One of your old apps doesn't like the new device. As far as having popups turned off I don't think this counts. This is a trouble report and it's probably controlled by Google Play Services allowing you to report issues that arise with apps.

Did it say that an app had crashed before the popup? I'm not sure how you'd find the problem app.

The only thing I can think to do would be too factory reset and opt to "not" automatically restore apps. Then go in and add apps individually. It's time consuming but it offers you the opportunity to weed out unused and replaceable apps and hopefully you'll get an alert for the incompatible app and you can choose to not install it.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the good suggestions. It even popped up when I was installing Textra which has been updated for Android 12. All the apps I'm using on the S22 Ultra are also on my S21 Ultra with no issue. I'll see how it goes over the next week. I noticed the S22 Ultra came with January security patch and no system update is available. I thought that was odd as the S21 already has the February update.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Do you have Shake to Give Feedback turned on in Google Maps? https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3094045?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Android

EDIT: Actually, never mind, that's not how the screen looks when you shake for feedback in Maps.
No I don't, but thanks for the tip. I just picked up the phone after it being idle for about an hour. As soon as the screen turned on, that pop up was there. It says it's user initiated feedback, but I never initiated anything. This is kind of driving me crazy. Maybe I'll try reaching out to Google again. It will interesting to see if anyone else has this problem.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings >privacy >scroll to bottom and tap usage and diagnostic is it on?View attachment 341742
Thanks, Mustang. It was off, but I turned it on to see if it will make a difference. I also just cleared the system cache partition. Mine is carrier branded so there could possibly be a bug. I'll report back tomorrow if what I did made any difference. It's got to be software related.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, Mustang. It was off, but I turned it on to see if it will make a difference. I also just cleared the system cache partition. Mine is carrier branded so there could possibly be a bug. I'll report back tomorrow if what I did made any difference. It's got to be software related.
Yeah possible bug , ok let us know

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Have you pressed the send feedback to see what happens.

If you haven't then consider doing so as it might highlight the issue or leave you alone then !

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Have you pressed the send feedback to see what happens.

If you haven't then consider doing so as it might highlight the issue or leave you alone then !
Yes I have. I found one other person on the Samsung Community forum with the same problem. I've opened a case with Google. This morning I decided to do yet a 3rd factory reset, this time using smart switch and transferring everything from my S21 Ultra which is flawless. So far after an hour, all is well. I am not going to make any changes for at least a day so I can see what happens.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
OK, more users on the Samsung Community forum are reporting this problem. One said there is an apparent bug in Google Messages. Disabling it and using another messaging app solved the problem for him.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
OK, more users on the Samsung Community forum are reporting this problem. One said there is an apparent bug in Google Messages. Disabling it and using another messaging app solved the problem for him.

are these UNLOCKED phones? or which carrier phones are these please?

thanks.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
thanks @htcrazy.

maybe we can determine WHICH carrier(s) have software conflicts and which one(s) don't.

also, does UNLOCKED have issues too? or is it strictly a carrier software issue?

One of the guys who solved it, is also AT&T carrier locked. If you don't get the pop-up, I wouldn't worry about it. Also, I think he meant Samsung messages, not Google, but I disabled both and have had no more popups today. I use Textra anyway.

Here's the link to their thread if you're interested.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S22/Google-diagnostic-feedback-form-keeps-popping-up-at-random/td-p/2194636

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
One of the guys who solved it, is also AT&T carrier locked. If you don't get the pop-up, I wouldn't worry about it. Also, I think he meant Samsung messages, not Google, but I disabled both and have had no more popups today. I use Textra anyway.

Here's the link to their thread if you're interested.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...-form-keeps-popping-up-at-random/td-p/2194636
@htcrazy: if i really want to use Google Messages app ONLY, meaning i have no intentions of using Samsung Messages app, would i still have issues?

how would i disable Samsung Messages app? i don't know how to "disable" an app like Samsung Messages app.

thank you.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
@htcrazy: if i really want to use Google Messages app ONLY, meaning i have no intentions of using Samsung Messages app, would i still have issues?

how would i disable Samsung Messages app? i don't know how to "disable" an app like Samsung Messages app.

thank you.
First, I would wait until you get your phone. If you don't have any issues, leave everything as is. To disable the Samsung messaging app, you would go to settings, apps, scroll down to messages and disable it from there. If your phone is unlocked, you may have no problem at all plus they may very well push an update quickly. If you get your phone and have any problems, post here and I and others will help you.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe