[Super-App] LG Optimus S Control Center 1.1.001 NO LONGER NEED ANDROID SDK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
ok so i finally have it forcing v9 on right now with the lg s/w update program. so next i have to root it?? cuz i believe this is the spot i messed up last time

following this link
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...-software-version-ls670zvc-24.html#post601470

im on #s do i want to do the z4root then?

overall my goal is to have the phone rooted and the gingerbread rom. I just need help rooting.

Once you are on V9 you must root, flash the V9 recovery (THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL), and update to VC using the LG tool.

Oh, and zefie's latest nightly is effing amazing.

should be sticky :)
Not till 2.0 ;)
We've got some amazing things brewing for 2.0, should be EPIC. Yes, I said "we".

Last edited:
Reactions: thekid and Tacoma

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Get Tapatalk. LOL!!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

True, or also the search function. It's pretty cool. You type in what you want to know about and BAM have some results! :cool:

ok so i finally have it forcing v9 on right now with the lg s/w update program. so next i have to root it?? cuz i believe this is the spot i messed up last time

following this link
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...-software-version-ls670zvc-24.html#post601470

im on #s do i want to do the z4root then?

overall my goal is to have the phone rooted and the gingerbread rom. I just need help rooting.

Make absolutely sure you flash the stock V9 recovery, else rooting VC will not work.

Makatomotors

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Make absolutely sure you flash the stock V9 recovery, else rooting VC will not work.

followed everystep to the T... still having the same issue..

went through this succesfully

then
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...45403-how-unroot-your-phone-return-stock.html

every single step succesfully,

then updated from v8-v9 then from v9 to vc with lg update.

hmm. i dont see anywhere i could of messed up

after i apply sdcard:update.zip (that i copied from the optimus folder)

i get:

opening update package..
verifying update package...
installing update...
assert failed: file_getprop("/sy
ste,/build.prop"/"ro.build.fing
erpring") == "spring/LGE/thunder
c/thunderc:2.2/FRF91/eg.lge.201
01013.224418:user/release-keys"
|| file_getprop"("/system/b
uild.prop:, "ro.build.fingerprin
t") == "spring/LGE/thunderc/thun
derc:2.2.1/FRG83/eng.lge.2010102
2.011245:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
That's an expected error. It is used to trigger the mounting of the /system partition. At the step where the application tells you to run the update.zip it clearly states that it will cause an expected error.

Jordantw

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Please help. I love these tutorials, but they can be a bit frustrating. I installed the ota vc update but I used your guide to downgrade to v9. That worked fine. I then rooted the v9 version successfully. But the constant reminders that there is an update available so I updated to vc with the lg phone updater on my computer. This took the root away (which I figured would happen) and I used the method in this post and the adb method to try to root the vc version, both unsuccessful. Any tips?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Please help. I love these tutorials, but they can be a bit frustrating. I installed the ota vc update but I used your guide to downgrade to v9. That worked fine. I then rooted the v9 version successfully. But the constant reminders that there is an update available so I updated to vc with the lg phone updater on my computer. This took the root away (which I figured would happen) and I used the method in this post and the adb method to try to root the vc version, both unsuccessful. Any tips?

When you reverted to V9 did you remember to also flash the V9 recovery kernel?

Jordantw

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
no i must have missed that part...would this include having to downgrade to v8 and all that described in the unrooting thread? if not mind pointing me in right direction? sorry, i know you've probably posted a think somewhere in here.

btw thank you for such prompt help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leeuchytil