Tablet can not see barnacle teethering off epic phone

Cyberguru

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Interesting issue. I could not find something similar through search so I'll see what posting will produce.

I have a rooted Samsung 10.1 tablet.
Next I have a rooted samsung epic with Barnacle Teethering.

Now barnacle works with my laptop and workstation when I'm testing apps and need an outside DNS.
But the 10.1 tab can not see any connections.

The tablet CAN see my regular business wifi linksys router.

So i was wondering why just the tablet couldn't see barnacle. I then installed a 3rd party wifi search app onto the tablet from the market and it COULD see the barnacle connection.

So why does the default OS on the tablet not have the ability to see the connection?

millemots

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Default OS will not see an ad hoc connection. Is that what Barnacle was presenting? On my rooted (but not ROMmed) Charge, I use Wireless Tether, which I have configured for infrastructure mode and have zero problems tethering my stock GTab to the phone.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Cyberguru

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I believe you may be correct. But I'm not sure how to get barnacle to go into Inf. mode and no ad-hoc. There does not appear to be any settings that let you differentiate the two

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Pair your phone and tablet by bluetooth. Do not try to connect them though. Start pdanet for tablets as server on your phone and client on your tablet. Follow the instructions that come up. It will eatablish a bluetooth connection and you'll be able to use the internet browser, gmail, and google maps.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There is a workaround for the tab that requires an edit of a system file. Search XDA for the how-to and detailed instructions. Remember to backup before attempting the edit.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

azhar nasir

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Interesting issue. I could not find something similar through search so I'll see what posting will produce.

I have a rooted Samsung 10.1 tablet.
Next I have a rooted samsung epic with Barnacle Teethering.

Now barnacle works with my laptop and workstation when I'm testing apps and need an outside DNS.
But the 10.1 tab can not see any connections.

The tablet CAN see my regular business wifi linksys router.

So i was wondering why just the tablet couldn't see barnacle. I then installed a 3rd party wifi search app onto the tablet from the market and it COULD see the barnacle connection.

So why does the default OS on the tablet not have the ability to see the connection?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz