Terabyte Club

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How?
What? How do you even? What?
How is that even possible? Seriously, are you sharing data with the whole neighborhood?
I cancelled my home internet and cable one month and used my cellphone as a hotspot(before verizon killed foxfi with their Kit Kat update on the Droids) and everything I watched was either streamed or downloaded from a torrent and my highest month was about 110 GB. I can't even fathom using that much data. Are you streaming 4k videos 24/7?

4k video uses about 350 megs a minute(compressed, same file size as taken from my note 3) . This is about 21gb an hour. So basically 48 hours of 4k video. Or about 1.6 hours of video per day.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You would only need a solid 3.2mbps connection to achieve 1tb a month.

Most users on Sprint get 1 Mbit... If they are lucky :D.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

xiwong

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
You would only need a solid 3.2mbps connection to achieve 1tb a month.

I would love to try this, but I get a solid .5-1 mbps on Verizon in Philadelphia even during off load hours. But major props to you, besides the guy with a rezound that did it a couple years ago I haven't heard of anyone else since.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Ooh creepy, 19.00 down and 8.00 up sustained speeds on this tower. The most I ever pulled was two hundred something a couple years ago when I had to torrent all my TV shows while helping a pal who lives in the middle of nowhere.

I am the blessed of Sprint apparently, their towers have never screwed me when I needed one thus far. And my new phone can use all major GSM carriers too, in a pinch.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That's ridiculous. You must be downloading a ton of stuff (legally or illegally) lol. My broadband internet (60 Mbps) is quick and I can't use that much.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Finally used over a terabyte in a month. How many of you have used a terabyte (at least 1000gb,or preferably 1024gb) in a month?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/8agutahy.jpg

If you are not on Verizon , then please state the carrier.

Are you still on unlimited data or do you have a more everything plan.... :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Mostly hotspot my home cable Internet is slow especially during peak hours.

I have unlimited but afraid to go much over 10GB for fear of getting throttled. Did you have any problem with throttling? How many months have you been using data like that? Get any messages from Verizon?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Correct. I am on Verizon's unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE plan with unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE hotspot. If you are on unlimited and plan to take full advantage of it then you need a 4GLTE smartphone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have unlimited but afraid to go much over 10GB for fear of getting throttled. Did you have any problem with throttling? How many months have you been using data like that? Get any messages from Verizon?

If you have a grandfathered unlimited data plan with Verizon they won't throttle.. Even if you use 1 TB ;).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you have a grandfathered unlimited data plan with Verizon they won't throttle.. Even if you use 1 TB ;).

On 4GLTE devices correct. Verizon will still throttle 3g devices. With that said I would give someone $100 if they can hit 1tb on a Verizon 3g device.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
On 4GLTE devices correct. Verizon will still throttle 3g devices. With that said I would give someone $100 if they can hit 1tb on a Verizon 3g device.

Only $100? Pfft, with all the time wasted waiting for things to load, I wouldn't even attempt that for $100 :p

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I can't keep FoxFi working on the Note 3 Verizon keeps countering it. If I put my SIM in a MIFI hotspot instead will it change my plan to a device only plan or cause it to not later work with a smartphone later if I put it back?

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't keep FoxFi working on the Note 3 Verizon keeps countering it. If I put my SIM in a MIFI hotspot instead will it change my plan to a device only plan or cause it to not later work with a smartphone later if I put it back?

If you paid the subscription for the hotspot, then foxfi should work. If it doesn't then try the stock app.

And yes, you can put your smartphone sim into a new tablet or mifi. The plan won't change at all. Note that Verizon will not activate the mifi on the smartphone plan, but they do allow you to put the sim in any compatible device. You will not get a discount for not using voice and text

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
If you paid the subscription for the hotspot, then foxfi should work. If it doesn't then try the stock app.

And yes, you can put your smartphone sim into a new tablet or mifi. The plan won't change at all. Note that Verizon will not activate the mifi on the smartphone plan, but they do allow you to put the sim in any compatible device. You will not get a discount for not using voice and text

Do they allow you to add hotspot to a grandfathered unlimited data plan? I thought I read somewhere they'd take away UDP if it didn't already have hotspot?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nusaka