The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will you stick with the Note 7 if there is a recall or get different phone?

I really like that moto z with of those mods. I don't like how my note 7s screen keeps dimming. Very annoying. I wish it would just stay set the way i set it.
Turn off autobrightness and turn off video enhancement.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

This phone is awesome. I will definitely be keeping it.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Me likey my GN7. Will keep. Reports from Samsung are problem batteries are 0.1% of total build. Still a lot of phones but hope they can identify, isolate and resolve.

I like my odds, and I love my phone.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Why is it so hard for people to understand there are a good number of us that aren't having any of the problems that others are having? This isn't my first Samsung, but this has been the best. If it isn't for you, I'm sorry, you should return it and get something that will make you happy. It's pretty simple.
I've read a lot of posts where people say my Note 7 does this or that omg help. I have not experienced any issues. I also have not bought cheap cables or chargers that might fry the phone and have made sure to buy things that I know are from reputable manufacturers.
Actually a recall wouldn't be the deciding factor, that can happen to anyone.

What will determine everything is how it is handled IF there is a recall.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: What happens if the Note 7 is recalled?

Hopefully they can narrow it down to batches and don't have to recall them all

1af366542006a59aa97cabb517005f7d.jpg

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Recall over the weekend?

The real dilemma for those of us like me whose return policy expires tomorrow is what to do. If they seriously think they are going to repair rather than replace my phone isd rather have a refund. I don't have a backup and i sure don't want a repair. That's unacceptable. So tomorrow I need to decide. Making things complicated is this is the best phone on the market. Anything else will feel like a downgrade. Anyone else wrestling with this?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

The real dilemma for those of us like me whose return policy expires tomorrow is what to do. If they seriously think they are going to repair rather than replace my phone isd rather have a refund. I don't have a backup and i sure don't want a repair. That's unacceptable. So tomorrow I need to decide. Making things complicated is this is the best phone on the market. Anything else will feel like a downgrade. Anyone else wrestling with this?
Have you talked to your carrier?

Right now nothing is pointing to US phones, but if anything is, I'm sure Samsung is communicating with carriers.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site

Yes. Totally in same situation. I think I am going to return it so I can control what I am doing. But I love this phone and will get another one once the new ones are avail.

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

I have no back up phone either guess I will stop at my AT&T Store first thing in the morning and see what if anything that they may have heard. I got my phone last Monday so it has been a week and 3 days - I don't want to go back to Apple I want my Note

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: If sealed batteries are a liability for cellphones should Samsung move toward swappable batterie

Water resistance is achievable with a removable battery. Galaxy S5 for example.

As far as the OP question. Yes, it would be easier to handle this issue if the battery were swappable and they should go in that direction. Good design is achievable with removable batteries and there is no real negative to it other than the fact customers will have less of a need to upgrade and that's only a negative for the seller.
What jlczi said.

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
re: Galaxy Note7 shipments delayed for "quality testing"

I got paranoid and thought I'd try charging it using the adapter it came with and a cable I have been using with other phones for a long time and the phone is staying cool
My phone doesn't get hot when using it either.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

I may get the iPhone 7 plus. We'll see. The note lacks the battery life and performance of the iPhone. It's performance even feels worse than some of last year's Android phones.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site

:cool: Umm..had a plan to Buy-1: SgNote7 for my Honey, but I'll better wait
for an iPhone7-Hehe! "Better Safe that sorry" According with sources
the exploded-Batteries phone happened in samsungKorea

With the 1st SgNote7 release. I guess now Samsung goes to rollBack
the unwise decision of un-Removable battery phones-Copied from
Apple-Oops! Imagine how a user can't Replace the battery
in the event of an Explosion,.To be continued: Bye now

Learn more: Samsung will reportedly issue worldwide recall of Galaxy Note 7 | The Verge

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

:cool: Umm..had a plan to Buy-1: SgNote7 for my Honey, but I'll better wait
for an iPhone7-Hehe! "Better Safe that sorry" According with sources
the exploded-Batteries phone happened in samsungKorea

With the 1st SgNote7 release. I guess now Samsung goes to rollBack
the unwise decision of un-Removable battery phones-Copied from
Apple-Oops! Imagine how a user can't Replace the battery
in the event of an Explosion,.To be continued: Bye now

Learn more: Samsung will reportedly issue worldwide recall of Galaxy Note 7 | The Verge

Enjoy your iPhone 7!

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Not Concerned About Recalls

I am not paranoid but if they do a recall I have no back-up phone - mine barely heats up and I am determined to figure out all of the S-Pen tricks

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

I may get the iPhone 7 plus. We'll see. The note lacks the battery life and performance of the iPhone. It's performance even feels worse than some of last year's Android phones.

Why did you buy the Note 7 in the first place? Be specific.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

If they must recall, they should have a program where you can get a new phone before sending yours in, because way too many people do not have another phone and you can't realistically expect people to not have a phone yet continue to pay their phone bill. Doing it this way would take a while to process, but any other way would be a bit unfair to everyone who just bought this thing 2 weeks ago or less.

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Not Concerned About Recalls

I make sure to use just Samsung approved chargers or charging pads so I am really hoping that those with the issues didn't follow those explicit directions. And yes it would be great to get a new phone and put the old one in the box and head to the post office or UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174