The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Purchased Note7 at Best Buy

That is quite obvious, thanks for pointing that out. I think what the op wants to know is do we go through our carrier, ATT, or where we purchased the device to get it replaced.

FYI with my chat with Samsung

Chris: I was just wondering how do I proceed with the Note 7 recall? I purchased my device at Best Buy, but i'm with ATT
Mounika K: I understand your concern Chris. I will be glad to help you with the required information.
Mounika K: Samsung takes product quality and customer safety very seriously. Samsung would like to assure customers that Samsung always employ strict quality control and safety measures to ensure that devices meet and exceed industry safety standards
Chris: ok
Mounika K: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Mounika K: Thanks for being online.
Chris: no problem
Mounika K: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
Chris: nothing else, but you haven't told me what needs to happen
Mounika K: We apologize for the inconvenience Chris,As our team is working on it, we don't have much information regarding it as this point of time.
So you contacted to customer service reps who knew nothing about how the higher ups plan on handling the recall?

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Man, this sucks. First time I switch over from an iPhone to an Android phone and this happens. My Note 7 only really gets noticeably hot when using it in the new Gear VR. I guess I won't be using VR anymore until I get this thing replaced cause having an officially recalled fire hazard strapped to my head doesn't sound like a good time.:eek:

AMEN!!

I am in the same boat as you sir!

free2spin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Apparently not, because you have issues with one manufacture.... And phones blowing up....

I would think when you're using any company that you subcontract something out to, you do way more testing on it then you would if you do it in-house. Though, in my place of business, testing of equipment is done long before it goes into production. This goes for phones, switches, etc... This is because we believe as a business unit, we want the best for our clients. We get test phones all the time (even older ones that have been around awhile) and we still test them before they go out. Just to make sure our clients are good to go! A burn in process if you will...

Samsung made the batteries.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Man, this sucks. First time I switch over from an iPhone to an Android phone and this happens. My Note 7 only really gets noticeably hot when using it in the new Gear VR. I guess I won't be using VR anymore until I get this thing replaced cause having an officially recalled fire hazard strapped to my head doesn't sound like a good time.:eek:
This is not the norm at all.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Regardless of how many accidents have been reported or how many want to ignore the recall kudos to Samsung for putting the safety of their customers over profits... You don't see that very often.

free2spin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Apparently not, because you have issues with one manufacture.... And phones blowing up....

I would think when you're using any company that you subcontract something out to, you do way more testing on it then you would if you do it in-house. Though, in my place of business, testing of equipment is done long before it goes into production. This goes for phones, switches, etc... This is because we believe as a business unit, we want the best for our clients. We get test phones all the time (even older ones that have been around awhile) and we still test them before they go out. Just to make sure our clients are good to go! A burn in process if you will...

And when something goes wrong even after all that testing? Then what?

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Samsung made the batteries.

If they made the batteries, and they had failures internally. Then this is even more reason to be suspect of other companies... Good lord.... if they can't make the batteries right, this would explain the other failures in the phone that I have had.. and some others have had as well.

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 7 recall with Verizon Wireless

I err on the side of caution. Mine is in the box and on its way to UPS. Judgement tells me that Samsung would not be taking it on the chin unless this issue was verified to the max.

My N7 had been heating up especially while using the Samsung-supplied charger. I thought nothing of it until waking this morning and reading the news releases. Could be totally separate and distinct. But I do not deem it in my best interests to roll the dice.

Unless and until this matter is remedied, I will revert to my Nexus 6 - which is currently on the air and working fine.

canonuevo

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Purchased Note7 at Best Buy

Yes, cause I was told to contact Samsung. You have the CEOs number I can call for the plan? I'm just being proactive. If you don't have anything helpful to say, it's better to not post on here.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Note 7 recall with Verizon Wireless

I'm torn on what to do. I want to keep the Note that is in my hot little hand, but I want a device that will work for the long run, which I think this one could do because I'm not hard on my phones and I always use original chargers.

I'm gonna wait and see what others do. This whole thing is a pain in the rear.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Talking to tmobile right now regarding how to exchange if you ordered.

I'm currently talking to Tmobile help rep on twitter. I asked about many of us who ordered our phones in store or via over the phone and they're saying the stock would have to come from the warehouse then, but we can keep our current notes until the stock comes in and then have a phone shipped to the store if we like and go in and exchange it there.

I'm currently trying to find out if there is some waiting list to get on.

The store I bought it at is a PITA though and doesn't like handling returns, they're a independent store franchised from Tmobile. I will likely try one of the other stores 30-40 miles away.

I hope this is the case for many of us who ordered and don't have to ship our phones back first and that they will indeed ship the phone to the store so I can simply swap out. If not there is going to be tons of livid people.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If they made the batteries, and they had failures internally. Then this is even more reason to be suspect of other companies... Good lord.... if they can't make the batteries right, this would explain the other failures in the phone that I have had.. and some others have had as well.
The cells are the issue, a contractor made the cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.