The My Nexus 4 Just Got Delivered Thread!!

justinl111

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Received my Nexus 4 Yesterday through O2 UK

I just got my 8GB Nexus 4 in!

Finally! LOL.

Too bad my 16GB is back ordered. Maybe I'll just cancel it if it doesn't ship too soon.

Congrats, personally I think the 16GB is far better value for money and having that extra space is handy. Either way enjoy your new phone.

Slashdpc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Just picked mine up at my door step. This would of happened 2 hours ago, but work didn't want to let me leave early. #firstworldproblems

pedxing

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Received my Nexus 4 Yesterday through O2 UK

Mine just got here. Nice. Very nice. Looks and feels great. Booted in 20 seconds. Downloaded my apps (75 or so) from the Play store in about 3-4 minutes. Every time I looked it would have finished with 20 more, it was nuts.

Screen is great, no matter how hard I squint, I can't see pixels. (I could kinda see some jagged lines on my Galaxy Nexus). Side by side, and on auto brightness, the GN looks SO dim.

Tried gps and it locked in in seconds and got 20 sats! Indoors! The best I ever get on the GN was 8 sats and a fix after about 3-4 minutes of trying.

On wifi, I'm picking up 2 more access points of neighbors down the street than I did on the GN. My APs are about the same dbm between the two phones.

Ironically, my SIM doesn't get here until Saturday.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
so after charging it fully I've had it on for exactly 11 hours with the screen maxed up to 100% brightness. wifi, nfc and bluetooth off. gps on.

i've made a couple calls, sent maybe a dozen text messages, done some emailing, used Strava to record a 20+ minute bike ride, Google Reader, etc. and I'm still at 41% battery. here's the breakdown:

screen 44% (1h 4m on)
android os 14% (1h 28m awake)
voice calls 7% (12m 14s calls)
phone idle 7% (9h 57m 12s)
strava 5% (24m)
mobile standby 5% (13% time without signal)
android system 3%
gmail 3%
phone 3%
exchange 2%

41% with this much use seems pretty good too me, especially with the screen on max brightness.

feeling very confident i'll be able to get through a full day on a single charge. :)

That's pretty good. It will probably get even better after a few charge cycles. I knew this phone was going to be nice!

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
A few people on the New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number? forum did. However, very few.
To anyone who has already received their device, did anybody get it before Google sent out a shipping notification email? i.e. the phone just showed up unannounced?

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You could probably download it. If not, copy the file from the Galaxy Nexus and put it on your device. Running Dolphin now. It's pretty cool and has flash working great.

Got this sucker. Oh how I wish the stock browser remained though.

Last edited:

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
so after charging it fully I've had it on for exactly 11 hours with the screen maxed up to 100% brightness. wifi, nfc and bluetooth off. gps on.
Nice bro... So I'm on target to get mine delivered Monday and then I leave for a 10hr drive Tuesday early morning.

To you and all, what is the "proper" way to "break in" and charging your new Nexus 4? I assume it has some juice right out of the box, but did you guys use it immediately and drain it to 0% and then do full night's charge the 1st night? Or did you all use it for a couple hours say till 20% and then charge it to 100% that 1st night?

I'm wondering do I use it just to get the basics set up/downloaded on the phone when I get it and then charge it immediately to 100% before "full" use on Tuesday?

Thanks!! Can't wait :)

Ardrid

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Got my 8GB earlier today. Played around with it for about an hour after I got home from work. It's an absolutely fantastic device and completely puts my Captivate to shame. There's not a hint of slowdown or lag in use. This phone is everything I hoped it would be and more. Now I'm just waiting on my Solavei SIM and I'll be in business.

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Got my 8GB at 12:30 PM central, sunny MN. Ordered 11/13 at 8:53 PST. Phone looks absolutely stunning, lot better than in pics. Ordered a straight talk sim in anticipation and ditched AT&T

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I got mine early yesterday morning(friday as its now saturday)...anyways i love the feel of the phone. the little extra weight makes if better than the gnex imo. speaker is better then the gnex. notification sounds are a little louder but i won't say by much. battery life is still too early to call. maybe by monday i can start to really gauge how battery life will be but for today it wasn't bad at all. i got 2+ hrs of screen time and i haven't charged it since about 2pm and its almost 1am. the screen is vastly improved then the gnex. i had both phones side by side and had the same brightness levels and its not even a contest. N4 beats gnex easy. the only thing i need now is seidio to make a case with a kickstand and i'm set.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much for going the extra mile and giving us some great feedback and first impressions. I also have a SGS2 and will be buying this phone, so I am especially interested in how the battery is compared to the SGS2.

Cheers. :beer:

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

i've made a couple calls, sent maybe a dozen text messages, done some emailing, used Strava to record a 20+ minute bike ride, Google Reader, etc. and I'm still at 41% battery. here's the breakdown:

screen 44% (1h 4m on)
android os 14% (1h 28m awake)
voice calls 7% (12m 14s calls)
phone idle 7% (9h 57m 12s)
strava 5% (24m)
mobile standby 5% (13% time without signal)
android system 3%
gmail 3%
phone 3%
exchange 2%

41% with this much use seems pretty good too me, especially with the screen on max brightness.

feeling very confident i'll be able to get through a full day on a single charge. :)

Where do you think you would be on your SGS2 at this point?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not just need to test a few of the latest models for work. Probably just about to roll out new phones to my work colleagues so been testing a few, though will end up being a choice between a Windows Phone and Iphone 5.

So with all these phones available to you which ones are your favorites?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia