??The Official Thread For Questions, Comments, or Concerns about SPB Shell 3D App ??

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
1. Calendar not syncing. How do you get the calendar to sync with anything? I have dates and events scheduled every day for the new month, yet none are showing. (The calendar on the beta did sync on initial install however it would not update).
I've notice that too - until I found out that it does synched... the thing is its not visible on the front of the panel. I believe that events only become visible if it's in that week. If you touch the app itself you should be able to see markings of your appointments/events. If problem persist then uninstall and reinstall the calendar app.

2. Changing the locations on the "Travel" panel. That little 3D globe is nice, however I can find no setting to change the locations.
I've change the names on most of the panels - but if your referring to the world globe widget, then you would have to touch anywhere between the country and the time - which then will give an option to select another place. It's limited to only three places at any given time.

P.S. I emailed the developer already but if the time they take to respond is anything like the beta, I'll have already have put this in the recycle bin of apps that didn't make the grade.
I've notice that they do take a long time responding back to their customers. They really don't want customers to start writing bad reviews of their app, and lack of customer support. A few good updates should put this app in the number one spot in the market. Plus a price reduction (blink)

PS. I hope these were the answers your were looking for.

Reactions: aburgthing

aburgthing

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. The World Clock worked. Not very intuitive but I like finding things out and experimenting. However, I was not able to get the calendar to sync. On the beta, appointments would show up but I noticed they didn't update and the date would remain static to the date of install. The only way to get it to update was disabling and re-enabling the home app which on the beta was a pain. All in all I like it though and will stick with it a while. Strange going from minimalistic LPP to this but it was time for a change.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. The World Clock worked. Not very intuitive but I like finding things out and experimenting. However, I was not able to get the calendar to sync. On the beta, appointments would show up but I noticed they didn't update and the date would remain static to the date of install. The only way to get it to update was disabling and re-enabling the home app which on the beta was a pain. All in all I like it though and will stick with it a while. Strange going from minimalistic LPP to this but it was time for a change.
Since I'm not rooted this app has been the best UI so far.

•• Tip ••
If you're trying to open an application and it won't, press the back arrow (hardkeys) on your phone.

Tapping the menu button(hardkeys) brings up your panels in a carousel card view, and tapping it again bring you back to your home-screen(this only work from the home-scrren). (Ps. Long press hold on menu key brings up your last six applications as usual.)

•• SPB SHELL 3D Manual ••

Download link here.
Special thanks to dfine1966 for posting the link.

Last edited:

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having a problem with the Time Panel skins? When I go into settings and try to change skins, not all the available skins load, and when I press on the skin, it says, Loading skin failed. A lot of the skins won't even come up at all. I am wondering if it is just me, or is everyone having this problem. I was about to reload the program, to see if that helps (ie, uninstall and then reinstall). But, if other people are having this problem, it is a server issue.

backbeat

Banned
Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Typical SPB. Their legacy is over-priced eyecandy which doesn't provide any tangible value. If only they would come to terms with all the revenue they lose by over-pricing their schtick, they would wise up, charge a much more reasonable figure, and cast a wider net.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having a problem with the Time Panel skins? When I go into settings and try to change skins, not all the available skins load, and when I press on the skin, it says, Loading skin failed. A lot of the skins won't even come up at all. I am wondering if it is just me, or is everyone having this problem. I was about to reload the program, to see if that helps (ie, uninstall and then reinstall). But, if other people are having this problem, it is a server issue.
That's likely caused by your internet connection - I've had that happen to me before. There is no need for uninstall / reinstall procedure. Just update your data profile, or restart the device.

Typical SPB. Their legacy is over-priced eyecandy which doesn't provide any tangible value. If only they would come to terms with all the revenue they lose by over-pricing their schtick, they would wise up, charge a much more reasonable figure, and cast a wider net.
I'm keeping a keen eye on this app.. I wrote a stern letter to them about their lack of customer support towards their customers - and stop responding to customers with computerized automated system. (Ugh!) I don't know much about this company - but I'm reviewing feedback from their other applications.

I would appreciate if others who have purchased this application to help keep this thread alive.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
That's likely caused by your internet connection - I've had that happen to me before. There is no need for uninstall / reinstall procedure. Just update your data profile, or restart the device.

I'm keeping a keen eye on this app.. I wrote a stern letter to them about their lack of customer support towards their customers - and stop responding to customers with computerized automated system. (Ugh!) I don't know much about this company - but I'm reviewing feedback from their other applications.

I would appreciate if others who have purchased this application to help keep this thread alive.

Updating the profile worked,

Thanks.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
@ dfine1966 •> You're welcome

[Q]
Have anyone had gotten any positive response from customer service regarding any question(s) or complaint(s)?

Last edited:

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
@ dfine1966 ?> You're welcome

[Q]
Have anyone had gotten any positive response from customer survice regarding any question(s) or complaint(s)?

I did write them about the Weather Widget not having my town. They responded "Unfortunately, this is not possible because we do not provide the weather forecast. Its provided by a third party partner (foreca)."

The only problem is I went to Foreca website and my town is in their database. So I am not sure what to believe. But they did respond to that, at least.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
^^ No doubt that this is an awesome app, however, that's not enough to keep customers satisfied.

I will be on top of them like white on rice(no pun intended). There are many people including myself who love and admire this application. I'm going to give SPB the benefit of the doubt at this time. They haven't respond back to my "blunt" message I've sent them yet.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
•• Update to my message to SPB developer(s) ••

This is a "Copy & Paste" page taken from my personal email.

We will continue improving and adding more widgets and features to SPB Shell 3D as we always do with our products.

We have recived lots of feedback and some of the most wanted changes will be done in future updates.

According to our internal policy we can't share any information regarding our future releases and plans, but as soon as we have any news regarding SPB Shell 3D for other platforms we'll notify you via SPB website, newsletter and all social networks. Please subscribe to our newsletter in order to stay informed about the latest news: *SPB Newsletter ? SPB Software

One thing we can share is that users in the next week or two can buy directly from our website and try the app for more than 15 min. Users can try it for hours and then ask us for a refund if they want.

Thank you for your interest in SPB Software products.
••Edit••

Thank you for your understanding. One thing more to mention is that we do release updates quite often and you can expect one in the very near future that includes fixes for the most critical issues that users have reported.
I really believe that their aim is to make this app one of the best UI we've ever seen.
Lets hope that they keep true to their commitments to their customers.

PS. You can also follow them on twitter, or their newsletter for up-to-date info.

Last edited:

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This launcher is Awesome! I love the eye candy :)
My Epic runs it great. I'm rooted with Frozens rom flashed and its by far faster than ever :)
I am looking forward to future updates as it can only get better from here :)

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
New version out for SPB Mobile Shell v. 1.02 in the Android Market.

Recent Changes
-Fixed widgets disappearing after reboot
-Fixed crash in city selection dialog
-Added Traditional Chinese Localization
-Other bug fixes

Last edited:

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Can someone verify a possible bug I may have found?

I add the manage applications shortcut on my screen and after a reboot it disappears :( booo

not sure if its the SRF ROM doing it or the SPB launcher that is

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Can someone verify a possible bug I may have found?

I add the manage applications shortcut on my screen and after a reboot it disappears :( booo

not sure if its the SRF ROM doing it or the SPB launcher that is

Look at post above you. SPB just released a fix for disappearing widget and shortcuts.

Reactions: ZiggSVO

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This is the beginning of several updates according to SPB.

I'm happy to know that our voices doesn't go unheard. The best is yet to come says •>>SPB.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried to switch to Launcher Pro using Home switcher. But It keeps switching back to 3dshell won't let me make Launcher Pro the default? I guess I have to uninstall in order to go back to launcher pro anyone else having a issue with this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards