The poor souls on the Storm Crackberry page

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I checked into the Storm forum of Crackberry... and it's sad.

There are stubborn people there who will make any excuse as to why the Storm is a great device, and the Android is a "toy". It's rather pitiful, really.

RIM, sorry,but your your software has been far surpassed, and you're only falling farther behind.

I'm not sure why, at this point, that anybody could defend that phone... but they're there.

One guy wrote "The Droid is for my wife. I keep the Storm!", as if it's a great thing that he's doing. It's sad from a technological standpoint.

Anyway, I sure don't miss pulling out my batter 4 times a day. What was even more sad was that one of the apps offered simulates a battery pull.

Sad.

omgbeav

May 6, 2010
www.beavsgraphics.com
It's denial. I loved my BB, but only because I had to. A stellar keyboard and email experience can only get you so far... Maybe OS6 will bring them out of the digital stone age. In all honesty, they need a Windows Mobile type reboot.

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
LOL, while I still think my Storm 2 was a great phone, I love my incredible much more. It's sickening how protective people are over defending their phones against others. Different strokes for different folks. Sometimes people will tell themselves whatever they want in order to justify their purchase.

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I def like Android over BB. I really can't understand the whole Droid is a toy comment. I still make phone calls, text, email, facebook, twitter, all that like I did on BB. But with less stress. I really hate having google maps work right on my phone plus with free navigation. I could never get google maps to work well on my storm 2. All it did was lag and make me mad.

2WheelCowboy

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Lol, blackberry has been outdated since the iPhone came out. Sorry to all those that choose to defend a device that gets repackaged every year. Different strokes that may be but there are too many great devices out there to be stuck with a BB.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
i was a blackberry user and there are some things the blackberry does well but android is starting to close that gap - like email. overall, however, there's not much the blackberry can do. it was slow and all those battery pulls... >_< the keyboard was the most amazing thing though and i can safely say that i still miss that keyboard (i had tour). if you're not using a keyboard, there's no reason to be on a blackberry. android phones like my droid incredible are leaps and bounds more versatile and useful and snappier than any blackberry.

ShannonDavis

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I really enjoyed my Storm 1. I had a hard time deciding between Storm and incredible. I'm very happy with my Droid but there are some features I miss.

bbui4

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree with ulnek, the best thing about blackberry was the keyboard, but now that I have swype I don't miss blackberry that much.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Once android has the ability to copy cut and paste everything and anything on the screen they way bb does then android will be perfect imo..... that is the one thing I rally miss about my storm.

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site

There are stubborn people there who will make any excuse as to why the Storm is a great device, and the Android is a "toy". It's rather pitiful, really.

RIM, sorry,but your your software has been far surpassed, and you're only falling farther behind.

I'm not sure why, at this point, that anybody could defend that phone... but they're there.

One guy wrote "The Droid is for my wife. I keep the Storm!", as if it's a great thing that he's doing. It's sad from a technological standpoint.

Anyway, I sure don't miss pulling out my batter 4 times a day. What was even more sad was that one of the apps offered simulates a battery pull.

Sad.

I had that battery pull sim app on my Storm! Ha... The funny thing is even the app crashed occasionally and I would have to do an actual battery pull anyway. I think my DI is about 110% more powerful, useful, and downright fun than the BB Storm was. I haven't been on Crackberry since the day I ordered my DI. Maybe I'll go back over there and try to sell all my Storm accessories to the holdouts...

NYMetsfan

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Sad.

They are just in denial, that is all. I just got my Incredible last Friday and all I could do was Thank God for no letting me sign a 2 year contract when I got my Storm, that way I was able to upgrade to the Incredible this year. I do NOT miss that brick at all. Typing on that thing just became more frustrating by the day. You just have those loyal Blackberry owners that refuse to deal with reality!

Grasschopper

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
We aren't all in denial...some of us are just waiting for our DIncs to show up. Right after the phone came out I was at a store that had 3 of them and I didn't pull the trigger...then I decided to make the jump but it was too late, out of stock everywhere. Well other than Best Buy they had several in stock but said they couldn't process an early upgrade. :mad:

Biezestreet

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I also can't understand why people would say they are keeping their Storms because of the email. I stopped reading half my emails on the Storm because html emails took FOREVER to show up. I do miss the battery life and alert tones on the old storm, but I can give up that in exchange for actually being able to use my phone lol.

Teksu

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Dont rip on the BB peeps, for some people reliable email and notification systems are required, and android is still a newcomer to the enterprise messaging that bb had dominated for many years.

as more companies and services start supporting the android platform, more people and businesses will look to android as a ceaper, open solution.

Change is difficult for people, even more so when your a large buiness that is more concerned about uptime and functionality than speed and auxiliary features.

We may have moved on, but i'll never forget.

RIP tour.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
What cracks me up is the BB's are touted for thier data efficiency. Yeah, pretty easy to not use data when your phone sucks for anything that actually requires using data.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Some of you laugh, but a lot of you were in denial too when the Droid was first released. Or even when they released the Storm 2. People just like to stick by their phones that they paid so much for. Honestly, can you blame them?

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I dont blame them, I'm one. However, I'm awaiting the arrival of my Dinc. I cannot be rid of this device soon enough. Everytime, I browse the net I curse this thing. But if thats what they want to stick with more power to them, I need a device that can keep up with me, ;). I will find out if the Dinc is that device, but regardless I know I'll enjoy much more than I have my Storm.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Actually I went from Storm 2 to Incredible, added Touchdown and had what is to me BETTER email and notifications than I got from BB.